WTS UHMW replacement bushings - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler's & Prowler Parts For Sale List Arctic Cat Prowlers's or Arctic Cat Prowler parts for sale in here.
Please no commercial advertising.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

WTS UHMW replacement bushings

WTS

I have some new UHMW replacement suspension bushings for a prowler for sale. You can PM me here or email me at [email protected] for the details.

Even my spell check wants to replace "Obama"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Rides all the time

Good deal these are the same as sammy's correct?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Founding Member

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Loyal Member

I just ordered the UHWM bushings from Rick tonight. They will be here in a few days. I will report back once I have them in and tested them. Rick is a great guy to deal with and if you want to talk cars, bikes, or machines with a guy for an hour he's the one to call. I have dealt with many businesses in my 3 years building my XTZ and have been let down by a few of them but after my conversation with Rick tonight I feel pretty comfortable recommending him. Many members have dealt with him and it appears that they are all happy with his UHMW bushings. Rick has taken over for Sanny who used to be the go to guy for Arctic Cat bushings. Thanks for keeping the bushings available for the members Rick.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
Good deal these are the same as sammy's correct?

Yes they are the same as Sanny's old bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
What model Prowler bushings do yo have?

I have them for all the models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
I just ordered the UHWM bushings from Rick tonight. They will be here in a few days. I will report back once I have them in and tested them. Rick is a great guy to deal with and if you want to talk cars, bikes, or machines with a guy for an hour he's the one to call. I have dealt with many businesses in my 3 years building my XTZ and have been let down by a few of them but after my conversation with Rick tonight I feel pretty comfortable recommending him. Many members have dealt with him and it appears that they are all happy with his UHMW bushings. Rick has taken over for Sanny who used to be the go to guy for Arctic Cat bushings. Thanks for keeping the bushings available for the members Rick.
Thanks for the kind words, you will be very pleased with these bushings I'm sure.
And your welcome, I'm glad to be of service.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Rides all the time

I'm new to the Prowlers. Can somebody fill me in on what is wrong with the OEM and why I would want these? Any pictures or price info?

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
I'm new to the Prowlers. Can somebody fill me in on what is wrong with the OEM and why I would want these? Any pictures or price info?

The OEM (rubber) bushings don't last, they get soft, rot and egg shaped real fast. The bushings I build won't do that because I use a far superior product to make them from (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene).

I have pictures posted here and I can pm you the pricing if you want or you can also email me at [email protected] if you have any questions that I can answer for you, I'll be glad to help anyway I can.
Link: http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/ar...ushings-2.html

Below is some information about the material I use.

Description:
UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) performs well under the most rigorous conditions of wear and environment because of its unique combination of physical and mechanical properties. Not only does it have the highest known impact strength of any thermoplastic current available, but it offers high resistance to abrasion. UHMW has a very low coefficient of friction and extremely low moisture absorption, making it ideal for industrial wear, impact and sliding applications. UHMW is non-toxic, odorless, tasteless and FDA approved for direct contact in meat or poultry processing. It is easily machine sawed, milled, turned, planed, drilled or punched. UHMW is commonly used in the mining, pulp & paper, chemical and food & beverage industries.

Applications:
  • Gears
  • Bushings
  • Bearings
  • Wear surfaces
  • Conveyor parts
  • Liners
  • Impact surfaces
  • Feed screws
Features:
  • High Impact Strength
  • High Abrasion Resistance
  • Low Coefficient of Friction
  • Low Moisture Absorption
  • FDA Approved

Last edited by ricktherocket; 07-30-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement