Safety - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Safety Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler safety discussions.
Cages, armor, seating, belts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Safety

Hey guys was at the dunes this weekend and had a great time. We went for one last ride on Sunday morning and were headed back to camp to load up. We were just cruising slow through the bowls and came around one to find a group in some trouble. Two people in a rzr rolled it I would say 6-7 times right in front of us. They looked like rag dolls in that thing. It was all stock. Stock belts, tires, everything. The stock belts did not do anything for them except keep them in it barely. The guy driving was a 61 year old and the lady was probably 38-40 in my opinion. I thought they were going to be a lot worse than what they eventually turned out being. It blew two tires off the beads also. The guy had from what I could see a broken arm, a concussion, and a very large very deep cut on the back of his head and was way out of it. The lady was out of it too with a very large knot on her head. We made a decission to meet the emt's because he was losing blood pretty good and it would have took a long time for them to find us. My buddy and my son got the beads reseated on the rzr as we were loading him up in my car. So we headed to sand hwy to meet up with the emt's and blm. They ended up air lifting him out and she went by ground ambulance.
I have to tell you guys this and please take it for what it is worth to you. If you don't do anything else at least put some good harness's in your side by side. I can't tell you how many people are totally fine even after a devastating crash or rollover with good restaints. I know that it can cost some money and they are sometimes a pain in the butt. They are cheap though compared to that air flight out.Even if you have insurance.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	accident.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	705   Click image for larger version

Name:	accident2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	706   Click image for larger version

Name:	accident3.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	707  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Lifetime Member

I totally agree with the safety first. i cant tell you how many people I have told they need the harnesses!!! Then just to watch them hurt themselves breaking their nose and stuff on the steering wheel.

Harness bars are bolt ons!! we carry them in Glamis, Harnesses are $160 give or take for good Crow harnesses or you can buy my used PRP 4 points that are brand new used for $25 a seat. this is not about my income i just want you all to have this stuff or know where to get it!!!

Doors even half doors are good and harnesses!!!!!

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

That is cheap right there can't say that enough.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Founding Member

Thanks Chris for sharing that story. Wow what an eye opener

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Jounior Member

Glad to hear everyone survived.

This weekend out towards Lake Pleasant I put my XTZ on its side when the front tire (running low pressure) lost its bead coming around a small berm. 3 Adults and 1 teenager were in it and the Crow harnesses worked great (just some superficial scratches). It was amazing to look up and see a 250 lbs friend above me. The harnessed definitely helped prevent further injuries.

By the way, anyone know where I can get some new plastics? The piece with the lift gate handle snapped...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Low View Post

This weekend out towards Lake Pleasant I put my XTZ on its side when the front tire (running low pressure) lost its bead coming around a small berm. 3 Adults and 1 teenager were in it and the Crow harnesses worked great (just some superficial scratches). It was amazing to look up and see a 250 lbs friend above me. The harnessed definitely helped prevent further injuries.

By the way, anyone know where I can get some new plastics? The piece with the lift gate handle snapped...
I have all the rear plastic except the tailgate, let me know if you need any of them?

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Worth every penny. Glad you guys are all ok too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Low View Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement