Kids riding in bed of Prowler with family cage? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Safety Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler safety discussions.
Cages, armor, seating, belts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Kids riding in bed of Prowler with family cage?

Ok so I want to hear from some of you Prowler owning parents out there. My child is only a year old and not ready yet. But I want some of your feedback on how early i should bring my little one along with us? I will get a full family roll cage from UTVCrap.com and two child sized seats for the rear.

Just wondering if anyone can help that bring their kids along. What seats do you use? How old were your kids when they started riding with you etc? Thanks

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ1000

GAMERS check out my Gaming Channel WhatsMyGame https://www.youtube.com/user/rcevolution74
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Founding Member

My girl is 20 months old and we just had her in the prowler for the first time at the Dunes. We have a 3 person bench in the back with a full cage. We installed her seat in the center of the bench strapped her in and went for a ride. At her age she still does not have the strongest neck yet so we took it easy on her. We would take her to the hill by going on sand freeway of taking the small dunes. The only other thing we did that I think helped is we install one of those plastic windshields to cut down on the wind and dust hitting her. Over all I would say her first rides in the prowler were great. The second trip to the hill she slept the whole way!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProwlerFan74 View Post
Ok so I want to hear from some of you Prowler owning parents out there. My child is only a year old and not ready yet. But I want some of your feedback on how early i should bring my little one along with us? I will get a full family roll cage from UTVCrap.com and two child sized seats for the rear.

Just wondering if anyone can help that bring their kids along. What seats do you use? How old were your kids when they started riding with you etc? Thanks
I have a full roll cage with a 3 seat bench in the back. My son has been riding with us from the age of 4 months around the house. He went on his first long trip at about 24 months. I bought a car seat that stays in the Prowler for him. My daughter has progressed from the car seat to buster seat, she now rides in the bench or the front aftermarket bucket with me. She is 4 years old now.

It is hard to find helments that fit them a such a little age. My daughter can now wear a helmet that a has a clear flip down face shield. No more darn goggles falling off. My son is 2 and still in the car seat facing forward. It is really hard to get him to wear any goggles or sun glasses. A windshield would be good choise.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Yeah her little neck isnt very strong so I will go easy but she LOVES riding with the wife and I. I was thinking about the PRP Preemy Seats. They fit ages 1-4. But are expensive... Ride PRP Seats - Store Seats Maybe I will look into the benches and car seat.

GAMERS check out my Gaming Channel WhatsMyGame https://www.youtube.com/user/rcevolution74
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Lifetime Member

The baby seats are bucks 200 or a little less, You also should ride back there some and get an idea of the bucking the back seat does! No whoops or bumps with kids in the back seat, as the back seat launches you in the air or trys to.

They make those donuts of memory foam for the little necks, they are used for adults sleeping on planes.

My kids have been riding with me since they were babies. But I rarely ask them to sit in a back seat anymore, back seats in these things are just not a comfortable ride to much bucking going on.

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Founding Member

I have road in the back and it bucks alot. I would recommend you ride in the back so you will know what the ride feels like. Bench seats will cost from $300-$500. The car seat if straped in is very safe. When I go to the dunes with my 4 year old daughter she rides up front and has a blast. I think the wants more power than I do.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

ok thanks for the advice guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement