What cage extension is this? (Picture) - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Safety Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler safety discussions.
Cages, armor, seating, belts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

What cage extension is this? (Picture)

Anyone know what cage extension this is? And is this safe in a rollover for rear-seat passengers?

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ1000

GAMERS check out my Gaming Channel WhatsMyGame https://www.youtube.com/user/rcevolution74
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Never seen that beauty before but it doesnt look safe to me.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProwlerFan74 View Post
Anyone know what cage extension this is? And is this safe in a rollover for rear-seat passengers?

hey thats my Cat ! lol i got that Halo from Chris at EAAC . he got it from somebody in Mesa AZ i think . you will have to PM him to find out who makes it . Yes this is a VERY well built halo and to be honest i just took it off and am going to sell it back to EAAC . if your interested i can post some more pics of it tomarrow its outside in the dark right now .you have to drill 8 holes 3/8'' holes in your cage to mount it . we have been very happy with it but swapped out to a lower full 4 seater cage . im also going to get rid of that light bar that is in that pic . its some thing i threw together out of some 1'' heavy wall tubing i had laying around . it bolts into all factory holes in the factory cage. the lights are not for sale .

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

ok cool. Do you honestly think it will protect someone in a rollover?

GAMERS check out my Gaming Channel WhatsMyGame https://www.youtube.com/user/rcevolution74
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProwlerFan74 View Post
ok cool. Do you honestly think it will protect someone in a rollover?

well how bad of a rollover? one of those im a drunk Fn idiot and gonna do a Nascar top speed barrel roll ? NO but i did do a dumbass slide around the corner tooo fast and fall over with the family in it . it fell on the drivers side and rolled 3/4 on the roof before dropping back down on my side . it took it better than the stock cage did . i buffed the scratchs out and now you cant even tell . im sure this cage was never intended some of the serious abuse some of us are capable of . ive seen some of the carnage you guys have posted , i dont ride like that with the family in my cat . the only reason i had it was when i first bought the cat i wanted to be able to dump the bed . after running it for a year now i have never needed to dump it , and after all the work that has been done i wanted some thing that better suited my needs .like i said im not sure who the company was that built this cage but it IS hella stout! i know of 4 of these cages here locally on Cats and Rangers and none of us have had any problems .
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Jounior Member

The are the stoutest add on cages I have found. Clearly a full replacement cage is stouter, the main people that buy these are like soazcat, people that want to be able to still dump their bed. I have a few of them out around here and so does the Polaris dealer and none of them have had problems, but the people buying them aren't going to the dunes and endoing their machine. I think for the most part anyone that has these don't ride very hard at all, just kinda cruise around. A good portion of the people that have bought them wouldn't have put any cage on at all, but I got them to buy this, heck of a lot better than having nothing over the back seat.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

OK thanks guys! Eaac I am sending you an IM

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Jounior Member

rear add on cage

How much does something like that run?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM

i have my cage for sale. Its a 4 seat setup with powder coat orange, brake light mount, whip mount. cooler rack and metal roof with 4 light tabs. but its in arizona and would prolly cost more to ship...personally i would never do a halo cage. makes me nervous enough running with a 6 point cage..lol
http://www.prowlertalk.net/media/sho...hoto=246&cat=2

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...

Last edited by Split; 03-02-2010 at 07:56 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Jounior Member

HomeProductsDealersSupportFAQGalleryLinksContactAb outSite Map

Arctic Cat Prowler Gen 3 Half Cage Extension, bolts on to the stock cage
Click on any of the links below to see larger views:
Half Cage Side View

Side Mount Detail

Top Mount Detail

Select your color/finish choice and enter the quantity before adding to cart:
#PRL150 $582.99Polaris Ranger | RZR | Arctic Cat Prowler | Kawasaki Teryx Performance Parts and Aftermarket Accessories
Old post but FYI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement