disturbing - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Safety Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler safety discussions.
Cages, armor, seating, belts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

disturbing

I am not passing judgement on people, i have a 4 seat cage, with 4 pt harnesses and my family always wears helmets..but up at cinders last week i saw 3 UTVs being driven by kids that were MAYBE 12, if that, no parents, no seat belts, no helmets. One couldnt even reach the pedals w/o sitting on the front of the seat. No adults present in the car (or around that i could see) while the kids ripped around.

I also saw a 4 seat rhino being driven by teenagers, there were 4 seats and 5 kids in it but it did not have a rear cage and no helmets. The kids in the rears heads practically stuck up over the front roll cage. If that would have flipped, at least 2 of those kids would be gone.

I don't want to preach, but please don't be stupid and try and at least cherish your kids. I certainly don't want to see kids get hurt and die over a lack of judgement.

This is an awesome sport and kids will have great times learning to drive them and have fun in them but for their sake, teach them properly, at least use a seat belt for gods sake... rant over...

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Loyal Member

You make a valid point Rick. Don't worry though the lawyers are waiting to represent the stupid parents.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Rides all the time

I hear ya Split as here in Alaska I see all too often kids with out helmets riding wheelers.
I just want to find their parents and slap the ____ out of them.

When I was a child I was never allowed on a atv or snowmachine with out a helmet.

My parents were gone and I was working on my RM 125 getting ready for a race and was going out for a quick test, I pondered the idea of leaving the helmet as it was only going to be a quick ride and not excessive speed.
Then I thought if one of my Uncles see's me with out a helmet they would pull over and kick my butt.
So I put the helmet on and went out for the test ride.

Long story short I grabbed too much ft. brake and tire washed out and I ended up with 4 real deep gouges in my new Rick Johnson Bell Moto-5 helmet.
I was mad I scratched up my helmet but....

Thanked God it was not my skull.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Founding Member

Unfortunately, those kids are the ones that the law makers are going after with all their safety legislation, which affects the rest of us and will be the eventual demise of our sport.
Personally, I am the type to stop them and lecture them or go find their parents and chew them out about endangering their kids and causing us all legal problems...
Individual responsibility is severely lacking in many folks nowadays, look at the MDR 200 Race that had so many fatalities last year... much of that was caused by people making bad decisions and ending up too close to the race track. I've seen it at races in Mexico, some of the spectators try to reach out and touch the race vehicles as they go by... Same stupidity with kids driving carelessly and unsupervised. Or having seats in the back without seatbelts and rollcage...stupid-stupid-stupid!!!

We do have a responsibility to speak out though, before these idiots ruin our sport. You may be afraid to say something to them (who knows who has guns and might be stupid with those too), but you sure can contact law enforcement or rangers and report them. We have to protect our sport...
stupidity breeds accidents, accidents breed laws and restrictions...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

well said guys....i will step up next time..

riddler you ruined an RJ BM5 helmet? wtf man? those are worth $$ now..lol

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
well said guys....i will step up next time..

riddler you ruined an RJ BM5 helmet? wtf man? those are worth $$ now..lol

Yeah it was some scratch then as well, esp for a 14 year old.

You know how many lawn's I had to mow and rake
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Jounior Member

It sucks that stupidity ruins it for all of us but it is the truth

It is what it is....
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Founding Member

Great topic Rick,
Parents these days don't act like parents at all. I have two small children that ride in the Prowler with me. They always have 4 or 5 point seat belts and at least goggles. Helement I admit are hard find for small children but make them wear a bike or skate board helement at least. Children think they are superman and it's our dam responsibility to protect them and mold them into outstanding people. To all the lazy ass parents out there step the f___ up and do your job.

That's my 3 cents

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Rides all the time

I found this helmet last year for my daughter.
It is a ski helmet and is the best fitting helmet I could find, it is very light as well.
My boy is wearing a full face bicycle helmet.

This year with the new cage I was able to upgrade to shoulder belts for the kids.
Thanks Team Arctic!!!
You can see I also made them adjustable for different size riders.
I also have a appointment for window nets at the canvas shop on the 13th of this month.

Last edited by riddler28; 06-02-2011 at 11:50 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Founding Member

Your the man, that's what I call a good parent

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement