4 Seat Cage Extension Questions.... - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Safety Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler safety discussions.
Cages, armor, seating, belts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

4 Seat Cage Extension Questions....

I was wondering if any of you have this cage extension by sidebysidesports.com ? Arctic Cat Prowler Cage Extension And Optional Rear Seats

If so, are you happy with it? If anybody has any other extension options let me know.

I'm having a hard time debating on whether just doing a cage extension or sucking it up and getting the full one piece 4 seat cage. Most of my riding will be easy trail riding in the mountains with my family or hunting with a couple of buddies. No real hot rodding around where I think I would roll the thing (but I guess anything could happen).

Any pros or cons of each appreciated......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 AM

To me it seems to expensive for what it is. i like the idea of not loosing the bed tilting capability but never use mine really. Ive struggled with this same question forever. Just recentrly i have decided to jsut have a local fab shop make one for me an it will be cheaper...

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ1000

GAMERS check out my Gaming Channel WhatsMyGame https://www.youtube.com/user/rcevolution74
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Loyal Member

I agree it's to much for that. You could have some custom cage work done for the rear section for less.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 11:05 AM

ya thats WAAAAAAY to much for that . i paid $600 for my Halo extension and it was a really nice piece and it was strong and well built , my UTVinc 4 seat cage was around $1k otd
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

You guys must be getting some good deals. I've contacted some local guys about both options of either doing a cage extension or doing a full cage. All the local guys want more than what I've seen advertised on the internet. I've had to ask the local guys if they can beat the internet prices, which they ended up saying they could but not by much.

I have not taken possession of the Prowler I'm buying yet. So I don't know the ins/outs of these machines yet.

But I do have one question. Do you need to tilt the bed to access much as far as maintenance goes on these things (like doing an oil change, etc)? If that is the case, it would suck to have to take a "full" cage off every time you have to do maintenance. If this is the case, then I could see where just the extension might be better because you could unbolt it from the existing cage and be able to tilt the bed.....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by soazcat View Post
ya thats WAAAAAAY to much for that . i paid $600 for my Halo extension and it was a really nice piece and it was strong and well built , my UTVinc 4 seat cage was around $1k otd
I've contacted UTV Inc about a "full" 4 seat cage package with cage and rear seats, and they were still like $1700+ shipped.......
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 AM

i just checked their site and for a XTZ 4 seat cage in the raw its 899.95.

they must be pricing you a complete set up with rear seat, frame and harnesses that is 1499.95 +tax

http://utvinc.com/arctic-cat-prowler...ll-cage-raw-1/

Last edited by soazcat; 10-20-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: cage link
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
i just checked their site and for a XTZ 4 seat cage in the raw its 899.95.

they must be pricing you a complete set up with rear seat, frame and harnesses that is 1499.95 +tax

UTV INC PROWLER XTZ 4 SEAT ROLL CAGE - RAW - ROLL CAGES, SAFETY & CHASSIS - PROWLER
The $1700+ was for a complete package with cage, bench seat, and harnesses. Local guys here wanted more, but said they would match/beat that price. But that is still a chunk of change.... Makes me wish I had the tools and knowledge to do my own, but I guess that is why they can charge the big $$$ because most people don't have the tools or knowledge for a project like that....
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 PM

a good cage is a signifigant investment for your car . but $ shouldnt be an issue when when it come to the saafty of you and your family and friend in the car ..... beleive me wheni started this little adventure i thought the same thing , ahhh ill just do a little trail riding nothing serious , ya $27000 later my car is far from stock . but its SAFE !

im not saying youll have the lack of self control i have, just dont scrimp on the important things !

save your money and do it right the first time. you can shop on Craiglist for a seat and harnesses , that can save you a little . hop other forums for sale . there was a member on here i think that had a really nice 4 seater cage for sale , havnt heard if it still is .

as for service . no you dont need the bed up or the cage off to do any kind of maintinece .
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
a good cage is a signifigant investment for your car . but $ shouldnt be an issue when when it come to the saafty of you and your family and friend in the car ..... beleive me wheni started this little adventure i thought the same thing , ahhh ill just do a little trail riding nothing serious , ya $27000 later my car is far from stock . but its SAFE !

im not saying youll have the lack of self control i have, just dont scrimp on the important things !

save your money and do it right the first time. you can shop on Craiglist for a seat and harnesses , that can save you a little . hop other forums for sale . there was a member on here i think that had a really nice 4 seater cage for sale , havnt heard if it still is .

as for service . no you dont need the bed up or the cage off to do any kind of maintinece .
Thanks for the information. I was a little worried about the maintenance thing and whether I would need to tilt the bed for anything. Won't take ownership of the Prowler until Tuesday. So without looking at it in person, I just didn't know if there was much bed tilting required.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement