Max tire size on stock susp. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Wheels and Tires Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler Wheels and Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Max tire size on stock susp.

Looking to get new tires and was wondering what is the max size tire you can put on a stock susp. before a lift kit is needed?
Also is there any upside or down side to getting new wheels and having the same size tire all the way around your machine? say the stock rear tire on my 16 HDX is a 26X11X14 can i get new wheels and have that size front and rear?
Thanks
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:37 AM

Sure, you can run the same size all the way around. Cheapest way would be to buy a pair of used rear rims and put your tires on them. I run 28X12x14's on 14x8 Visions. My offset is 4+4. The tires actually are 30" tall. I bought a set of 30's and they were 32" tall. Some tires are close in size, most aren't. My 27's on my RZR measure out at 25.5. I had to add 4" of lift to the front and 2" to the rear. Adapted XTZ shocks to fit on the front, and welded up a bracket lift on the back. Had to trim some plastic from the outside front corners of the floor pan, too. I run 2" spacers on the rear to match the front wheel stance. Expecthttps://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48049&thumb=1 much harder steering and you'll need to re-clutch and may as well do a new belt. Got a pic of the tire size difference, enclosed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prowler323.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	48055   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180226_122726.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	48057  

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and hardtop.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:14 PM
Loyal Member

welcome to the house Tony

tire size is very subjective IMHO .. I run stock size and used after market springs to get back to factory advertised lift as they almost always do not have the lift they say or the springs sag quickly even before delivery LOL

the mud riders like very tall tires , woods and mountain riders might go one size larger [again some guys more] but the side hill stability lessons with height as the utility units are a bit tippy v/s the sport units

fill in you signature ones so we know what you have [later on when you don't reference that info] saves asking questions before answering .. same with location info so we have an idea what type riding you might do.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement