Snowplow - Page 2 - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Ride of the Month General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

All 3 parts weigh approx. 120 lbs. Plow 72, Push Tube 41, and the mounting plate 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:20 AM
de3
Loyal Member

snow plow

as far as wear and tear i would think if you use low range you would be fine as far as the factory shocks as stiff as mine were the weight of the plow would probably make it ride better.i had a plow on a atv and it never hurt nothing and also used it for gravel.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Loyal Member

if you don't use low range you'll fry the tranny and belts !

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 PM

I noticed they don't sell the ETS system anymore, was looking at that for this year but don't want to spend the 1k for the hydro unit....

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Jounior Member

finally got a plow. Ended up getting the AC fact. quick detach plow, although the price was high $900, if I would of got something else I would of been within a hundred bucks(shipping to alaska 250+). I have had it on for about a month and pretty happy with it so far. only had the steering wheel tore out of my hands a few times. One thing thats hard on it is all the shifting. Not sure what I can do about that, I have figured you have to work the brake similar to a clutch.

The other pain is looking back to back up. I was wonder what you guys thought of a backup camera. The cameras have become dirt cheap, anyware from 40 bucks for the cheap one. What I have found out is there are pretty much two diff cameras as far as quality goes. CCD the best and CMOS not very good, so I have read. Does anyone have one of these on there RV's or trucks. If you do have one is the CCD camera really that much better and would I be satisfied with the lower quality CMOS camera. Also any ideas how much power these would pull.

I was thinking about this one. 109 + 20 for upgrade to 5"+13 shipping.

3.5" Monitor with 120 Backup Camera (Economy Kit) Backup Monitor & Camera - Tadi Brothers

If I decided to get this I would prob mount on the tailgate. Would be used for plowing and also would be nice when I have a trailer behind the prowler or even just watching people behind me.

One other thing to add about the plow. I installed one of those remote winch controls on my dash a while back and im able to use that with my plow works great. Can have steering wheel in one hand, remote(beer) in the other. Also I think I need a radio in there now, I have never thought I needed a radio because of noise, but when Im plow the engine is pretty quite.

would post some pictures, still dont have internet at my new house, have to hack away at work and wouldnt feel comfortable loading pics at works.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2thehills View Post
finally got a plow. Ended up getting the AC fact. quick detach plow, although the price was high $900, if I would of got something else I would of been within a hundred bucks(shipping to alaska 250+). I have had it on for about a month and pretty happy with it so far. only had the steering wheel tore out of my hands a few times. One thing thats hard on it is all the shifting. Not sure what I can do about that, I have figured you have to work the brake similar to a clutch.

The other pain is looking back to back up. I was wonder what you guys thought of a backup camera. The cameras have become dirt cheap, anyware from 40 bucks for the cheap one. What I have found out is there are pretty much two diff cameras as far as quality goes. CCD the best and CMOS not very good, so I have read. Does anyone have one of these on there RV's or trucks. If you do have one is the CCD camera really that much better and would I be satisfied with the lower quality CMOS camera. Also any ideas how much power these would pull.

I was thinking about this one. 109 + 20 for upgrade to 5"+13 shipping.

3.5" Monitor with 120 Backup Camera (Economy Kit) Backup Monitor & Camera - Tadi Brothers

If I decided to get this I would prob mount on the tailgate. Would be used for plowing and also would be nice when I have a trailer behind the prowler or even just watching people behind me.

One other thing to add about the plow. I installed one of those remote winch controls on my dash a while back and im able to use that with my plow works great. Can have steering wheel in one hand, remote(beer) in the other. Also I think I need a radio in there now, I have never thought I needed a radio because of noise, but when Im plow the engine is pretty quite.

would post some pictures, still dont have internet at my new house, have to hack away at work and wouldnt feel comfortable loading pics at works.
thats a great idea,and they work good my dad has one and it comes in very handy for him when he hooks up his trailor,he is 74 years old.

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Loyal Member

worth a try IMHO ... but have seen one in use down low mounted , got real hard to use do to dirt/water and such on lens ... might have to play with a mount location that stays dry and snow/ice free

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
We have the backup cameras on our new ambulances and the work great, they also switch to a side camera when you turn on the turn signal and when going down the road they show the patient compartment...might be an overkill for the Cat though

But I do know what you mean when plowing an open lot it would be nice just to put it in reverse and back to the other side without twisting around. I do have the AC rear view mirror but it sure would be nice to have some side mirrors also but I know I would tear them off. I've been thinking about installing a backup light also, seems like the best time to clean lots is at night.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
We have the backup cameras on our new ambulances and the work great, they also switch to a side camera when you turn on the turn signal and when going down the road they show the patient compartment...might be an overkill for the Cat though

But I do know what you mean when plowing an open lot it would be nice just to put it in reverse and back to the other side without twisting around. I do have the AC rear view mirror but it sure would be nice to have some side mirrors also but I know I would tear them off. I've been thinking about installing a backup light also, seems like the best time to clean lots is at night.
I have two 55 watt lights I use for back up lights very handy at night after a couple of cold ones,I have had back up lights on all of my 4-wheelers.night time rides are a lot of fun.even if your not shoving snow.

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
I'll have to work on some backup lights but first I better get the damn thing moving forward!

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement