New California OHV law that will impact all UTV's - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
International International riding locations.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

New California OHV law that will impact all UTV's

I just found out that this new OHV law just passed in CA. I hear that it goes into effect in January. This will affect all the Sand dune UTV's guys.

This is from UTVUNDERGROUND. They asked that all forums be aware.

OK Members, Here is the deal! This new law and the way we responded as a community proves to me that we do need to unify our voice for more than just this one situation. Think if all of us (ALL FORUMS - ALL UTV ENTHUSIASTS) were united as one ALL OF THE TIME!? This situation has proven that we as a UTV community need our own voice. We can't simply rely on the ASA or ORBA alone. We, like Jeeps and businesses need our own united voice to defend our rights, our hobby, and stand for what we believe in as UTV enthusiasts. I know many will think that we do not need another organization but we as the ISA could contribute ALL of our voices as one to ORBA or ASA as backup when fighting all general off-road battles. I am not the best rah rah writer but come-on, lets mobilize and get this ISA thing ROLLING!!

Our first Convention is in October! Post this info on all other forums, lets get people there in force, have some fun, and unite as one!

http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8161

http://isxsa.com

Law can be found here
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/..._chaptered.pdf

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 12:59 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Cool

desertcat, i would really like to help,if there is something i can do let me know,but i think i live to far away to help.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

I understand I just want to get this info out for everyone to see. It may change how we all ride.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Wow this law will really hurt this family fun industry

So for one if your passengers feet don't sit flat on the floor they are not legal!
Moving forward seats in the bed for multi passengers will also not be legal!

Last edited by Desertcat; 08-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
Wow this law will really hurt this family fun industry

So for one if your passengers feet don't sit flat on the floor they are not legal!
Moving forward seats in the bed for multi passengers will also not be legal!

Wow that's gotta change the way the machines are made.
Some good laws and that one is crazy with the feet flat on the floor.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Loyal Member

OHHHHH please protect me from myself ... geeeees these damn Libs think they need to be in all fazes of our lives.

sure glad I got out of that damn state !!!!!!!! , hope they go bankrupt soon an all the retirement $$ go south so even the people who thought they were safe get a dose of reality of what they have created !! [na I really don't wish that but it does sound good]

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

I strongly feel this could go beyound California and affect other states and it may impact all of us. Helmets, seat belts good safe ideas, but feet flat on the floor will push me out of the sport with my children. And once they tall enough I am sure their interestes will be somewhere else. Good job UTV,ROV manufactures your limiting the amount of customers now. Wow this pisses me off

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
OHHHHH please protect me from myself ... geeeees these damn Libs think they need to be in all fazes of our lives.

sure glad I got out of that damn state !!!!!!!! , hope they go bankrupt soon an all the retirement $$ go south so even the people who thought they were safe get a dose of reality of what they have created !! [na I really don't wish that but it does sound good]

Remember this one? I wish these people would just go away. Every time I watch this clip some vomit comes out!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 11:55 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Thumbs down laws

you are right,that will ending effecting everybody,here in my state there trying to get us off the road.as of now we can ride on roads with no lines,and gravel roads.but now there there wanting to ban that.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

That's my point it's not just a fact that CA is making a law it the fact that it will soon affect our hobby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement