prowler 700 xtx at work! - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

prowler 700 xtx at work!

Hi members, I am a retired construction worker, and I own a 2010 prowler 700. My daughter, granddaughter and I use this machine every day to help around our 40 acre farm. Since the pasture grass is thin, we haul a utility trailer loaded with hay to feed our horses. The prowler has no problem pulling the 650 pound trailer loaded with hay. This machine has been very reliable and does not rut up the fields like a tractor. I guess the prowler is not for everybody as it is noisy and a bit of a handful, but it sure does the job. Hope you all enjoy Christmas and use your Cat every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 02:34 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSTWN7 View Post
Hi members, I am a retired construction worker, and I own a 2010 prowler 700. My daughter, granddaughter and I use this machine every day to help around our 40 acre farm. Since the pasture grass is thin, we haul a utility trailer loaded with hay to feed our horses. The prowler has no problem pulling the 650 pound trailer loaded with hay. This machine has been very reliable and does not rut up the fields like a tractor. I guess the prowler is not for everybody as it is noisy and a bit of a handful, but it sure does the job. Hope you all enjoy Christmas and use your Cat every day.
Glad you enjoy your prowler,they are a bit on the noisy side,they seem to be a good machine when taken care of.............after almost 8 years I have gotten used to the noise,matter of fact I have made mine louder.............lol MERRY CHRISTMAS ALSO...................

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:

welcome to the house , bunch of good guys here . very willing to help out a dummy like me and others too

what state and general area do you live in .. fill out your signature and location so we can get right to answers without extra questions. [it's helpful] ..

be sure to use transmission gearing as needed and don't just throttle it [ even though it will pull it] it's much easier than burning a belt or tearing up the rig ..

these things are workhorses and will serve ya well.

OH.. MERRY CHRISTMAS back at ya and your family

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

Last edited by GTroyer; 12-15-2013 at 04:02 PM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! I have an 09 700 that I treasure! It has been a great machine. I use it for snow plowing during the winter, and trail riding during the rest of the year! Trouble free to date (except when I goof up!), 4700 miles and runs better than new! Stay in touch on the forum!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Welcome to the forum, how long have you had your cat? And a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Hey members, thanks for the great welcome and helpful info. I have had our Prowler just 4 months. We live west of Pittsburgh, PA. near the Ohio/ West Va. borders. We have some level fields and some heavily wooded areas with steep hills and valleys. The prowler is used to haul tools and equipment around our place, so there is fun with it, but mostly it works.We are careful to use low gear when needed as I hate to break things, as I am the only mechanic on duty here. I have a 72 inch snow plow for the cat, and , I have been busy with it the last few days. Snow clearance is real easy, but I did notice with lights on and using the winch on the blade, my battery might be weak. Anybody feel a stronger battery would help? Do you guys use Arctic Cat oil and filters? I see K and N offer oil and air filters. Could not find 5w50 synthetic oil anywhere else. Thanks, Best to All, Ralph.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Hey members, thanks for the great welcome and helpful info. I have had our Prowler just 4 months. We live west of Pittsburgh, PA. near the Ohio/ West Va. borders. We have some level fields and some heavily wooded areas with steep hills and valleys. The prowler is used to haul tools and equipment around our place, so there is fun with it, but mostly it works.We are careful to use low gear when needed as I hate to break things, as I am the only mechanic on duty here. I have a 72 inch snow plow for the cat, and , I have been busy with it the last few days. Snow clearance is real easy, but I did notice with lights on and using the winch on the blade, my battery might be weak. Anybody feel a stronger battery would help? Do you guys use Arctic Cat oil and filters? I see K and N offer oil and air filters. Could not find 5w50 synthetic oil anywhere else. Thanks, Best to All, Ralph.
It could be a weak battery, I use a 72" plow on mine also and this year I added a 12v actuator to change the angle (still waiting on snow to try the new addition out). I bought a AGM Power Sports battery from O'Reilly Auto Parts a few years ago and haven't had any problems, I also run a heater and turn signals.
As for Oil & Filters you'll find a LOT of discussion on that in the forums, I know it's high price but I'm using Arctic Cat stuff so far.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 04:02 AM
Lifetime Member

get yourself a couple of led spotlights to run at night when you plowing should also make a big difference ,,there 10 times brighter than your factory lights and useless than a 3rd of the power and you can shut your factory lights off you will notice a big difference

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddogefi View Post
get yourself a couple of led spotlights to run at night when you plowing should also make a big difference ,,there 10 times brighter than your factory lights and useless than a 3rd of the power and you can shut your factory lights off you will notice a big difference
I second that on the lights.........LED is the only way to go,and very bright.How far from wv to you live I live 5 miles from Marietta ohio on the wv side.......I use amsoil and a wix filter,,,,,,,,,,,,as long as you change it regular and use wet clutch oil you will be fine.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Administrator

I also have an 09 XTX, I have a Eagle Plow 72", and factory winch. I have a secondary battery for the winch power. I use Ames oil, 0-40 for winter, and 20-50 for summer. Both are wet clutch compatible. I use a K&N oil filter and change the oil & filter at 500 miles. I have had great results with both! Great to have you with us!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement