curios byer - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

curios byer

hi everone my name is damir and i am debating on purchasing the prowler 1000 iam a current owner of a polaris razor and have experienced some of the bugs and problems that come with a new vehicle. Iam curios to find out if anyone has had any serious issues with thier prowlers and was wondering how arctic cat handles thier cutomer service issues. My razor has been in the shop now for 2 weeks due to a recall on the air filtration system that allowed dirt in the motor and destroyed the top end and they havebeen dragging their feet on the situation iam interested in purchasing the 1000 but would like to hear some buyer feedback?? thanks for your input and time and i hope i can be pursuaded to join the prowler family
Damir
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Jounior Member

Initially there were a few people that had some overheating issues, but those seem to have been worked out. Out of all the ones I have sold, only the first one overheated, all the others have not had issues. Some people feel the springs on the rear are too soft and they really are if you plan on putting anything in the back. Everyone I have sold them too just loves them and all the power they make, it will suprise you.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

thank you is there a differece from the 09 models vs the 10 models??

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
thank you is there a differece from the 09 models vs the 10 models??
The 2010 XTZ has different rear axles. The 09 models rear axles had a tendency on some to pull out of the diff under extreme suspension droop.
The 2010 also has improved head gaskets that resist leakage better. They also have longer jamnuts on the tie rods to help beef up the tie rods in the thread area.
The water pump seal on the 2010s are also a little better (there is a service bulletin on the 2009 XTZs for this, so some may have already been updated).
But all of these changes can be installed very easily on the 09s.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Jounior Member

I forgot to telly you that Arctic Cat's service depends a lot on the dealer. I have heard some people complain about the service, but I have not had issues, so a good dealer goes a long ways.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaac View Post
I forgot to telly you that Arctic Cat's service depends a lot on the dealer. I have heard some people complain about the service, but I have not had issues, so a good dealer goes a long ways.
So, what are you trying to tell us...that you are a good dealer....
In reality, I agree. There are good dealers that make owning an Arctic Cat a good experience and then there are the nightmare dealers that make you want to run from AC.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Jounior Member

I guess I am telling you that and from the things I have heard you are a great dealer yourself. There are dealers that just want to make the sale and then they are through, but I'm not like that and people that are can't stay in business here because we are a small community. It is true with any brand not just Cat. The suzuki dealership here is just about done because they don't seem to really care about the customers.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

thank you all for your knowledge i feel that ill be a part of the arctic cat family real soon ill be like the long lost cousin from california ill keep u all in touch thanks again!!!
Damir
Sponsored Links
Advertisement