Need suggestions on replacement tires - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Need suggestions on replacement tires

I am new to UTVs and just got a 2012 700 xtx Arctic Cat. It needs tires and that's where my confusion begins. I was hoping to tap into the vast knowledge of this group. I live in Florida so the terrain is vegetation, stumps, gravel but mostly mud. The existing tires are ITP Mud Lite 27x11x14 rear and Red Eagle 26x10x14 front.

So any suggestions as to what to replace these with?
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailscall View Post
I am new to UTVs and just got a 2012 700 xtx Arctic Cat. It needs tires and that's where my confusion begins. I was hoping to tap into the vast knowledge of this group. I live in Florida so the terrain is vegetation, stumps, gravel but mostly mud. The existing tires are ITP Mud Lite 27x11x14 rear and Red Eagle 26x10x14 front.

So any suggestions as to what to replace these with?
Thank you.
Welcome to the best prowler site great members and great info,first off you want to keep your tire height the same size.You will get a lot of different feed back on tires....I run the original Big horns on my prowler and my Quad,they are a good all around tire probably not the best tire for deep mud.They say the Roctane's are real good tires also.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Loyal Member

welcome to the house , I defer to the southern mud guys on the tires .. we're mostly woods n mountain trails guys around here [in my ride group of gear heads] .. but there are some mud ducks here

fill out a signature and location … makes for less back and forth questions before answers can flow [in some questions]

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 11:22 PM

My honda 300 is a strict built mud machine. The Itp 589s are a great mud tire with deep lugs and a self cleaning tread. The tires also last a very long time even when they are drivin on paved roads. Over 5000 miles have been netted on my pair. And 2000 are garenteed asphalt. Also keep in mind that over them 5000 miles they through off the odometer so there where more yet.

The tires also cup nicely. Anything that we pulled into and became stuck. We easily backed out of. The tires like any other mud tire have a little shimmy in them till about 5 mph. Then it's gone.

I Speek highly of them cause I've got a set my father had a set and a buddy had a set and none of us ever had a single problem. We also liked the bed protection that they offered.

They have
great traction and cleaning
very smooth mud tire above 5 mpht
Excellent wear over 5000 miles on 3 different sets
very puncture resistant
And offer great flotation as well as you can practically run them flat if needed.

I have nothing bad to say about the tire other than they may be a little pricey! But every mud tire is expensive. Roughly 130 a tire compared to other mud tires of 150 plus. Happy tire hunting!

2013 Arctic Cat Xtz 1000 - Glass Windshield, Wiper Kit, Roof, Radio, Winch, V Bag, And Yutrax No Drill Rumble Seat
2007 Suzuki Sv1000s - Stock Vigor Blue Metallic
1999 Honda 300 4x4 - Wiseco Bbk, H/L Clutch Kit, Gearless Locker, Disc Brake Conversion, Lift Kit, and 18" Snorkel, Sitting on 28" Itp 589s With C Series Wheels

Name - Chaz
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Can't help you on Mud Tires, but I'll second the concern about different tire heights front to rear, the stock XTX's came with 26's all around. Running in 4 wheel drive with different tire heights will result in driveline stress, or breakage.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cClark06 View Post
My honda 300 is a strict built mud machine. The Itp 589s are a great mud tire with deep lugs and a self cleaning tread. The tires also last a very long time even when they are drivin on paved roads. Over 5000 miles have been netted on my pair. And 2000 are garenteed asphalt. Also keep in mind that over them 5000 miles they through off the odometer so there where more yet.

The tires also cup nicely. Anything that we pulled into and became stuck. We easily backed out of. The tires like any other mud tire have a little shimmy in them till about 5 mph. Then it's gone.

I Speek highly of them cause I've got a set my father had a set and a buddy had a set and none of us ever had a single problem. We also liked the bed protection that they offered.

They have
great traction and cleaning
very smooth mud tire above 5 mpht
Excellent wear over 5000 miles on 3 different sets
very puncture resistant
And offer great flotation as well as you can practically run them flat if needed.

I have nothing bad to say about the tire other than they may be a little pricey! But every mud tire is expensive. Roughly 130 a tire compared to other mud tires of 150 plus. Happy tire hunting!
I agree the 589 is a great tire I have a buddy that run's them and there probably 6 years old with a lot of pavement mileage.

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much. Actually one of the biggest tire dilemmas was height and width. So the fact that all tires need to be the same height is narrowing down my search.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Administrator

The stock XTX's come with 14x9x26 fronts, and 14X11X26 rears, most all are radial. If you jump up in diameter, you will more than likely have to install a clutch kit to make it run right. If you are running mud, the stock clutch has light weight rollers already, and it should work well with 26" tall mud tires.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:37 PM

My machine had a new set of Sedona Buzzsaw XT tires on it and I am really impressed with them, good traction on all different surfaces.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 11:33 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terramech View Post
My machine had a new set of Sedona Buzzsaw XT tires on it and I am really impressed with them, good traction on all different surfaces.
I believe a member on here has a set,I heard they are a good tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement