Looking for info! - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Looking for info!

Hi, all,

I was out riding with my husband and a friend (motorcycles) and we decided to stop by a local ATV/Motorcycle shop and I spotted a 2014 Arctic Cat Prowler, I believe 700 XTX. I'm hoping to hear from any of you that have this or similar model/different year and get your honest input on this machine. If anyone happens to be from Arizona, even better! Maybe you would share where you enjoy riding.
Thank you,
Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 04:51 AM
Loyal Member

first off welcome to the house Judy … lots of folks from Az on here so someone will pipe is soon.

street bike assume ?

the 700's are a very popular size and have been around long enough to get the bugs out of them. pretty much all brands when a new model are happy to let the public serve as crash test dummies and then decide if the issues that pop up are warranty or not and no brand is immune to that statement.

just a lil note ,, fill in your general location and if you get something then fill in your signature lines, that way when you ask a question we won't have to ask a question to answer your questions and location will help us advise type of gear / ride country / and such.

again welcome

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 05:06 AM
Lifetime Member

welcome to the forum judy,i have a 2012 xtx 700 and also had a 650,,,,great machines had a lot of good rides and fun with both of them

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! I have a 700 XTX (2009), I like my Prowler, the wife and I ride trails mostly, and use it to plow snow. It has proven to be very dependable (when I keep my fingers off of it! LOL). It is a fun ride, and also a work horse when needed. I'm headed to AZ. in December and will be riding around Lake Havasu area.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 07:55 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Welcome to the best prowler site,I have a 2006 650 prowler that i bought new,it's a very good machine.but they all have there flaws...........

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Judy, It all depends on what your needs are, seems like the Prowler is for a more mature age group. The sport machines are great and Arctic Cat offers several different versions. Here in Michigan, I sometimes wish I had a smaller machine. Over half the trails in Michigan are not available for machines over 50" wide, Arctic Cat finally offered a 50" machine last year, The Arctic Cat Trail. Good value here! Or a 2 or 4 seat wildcat is available. Plus a new 60" wide Wildcat Sport. If IO did nothing but trail riding, I think I would go with the Trail! 60 hp. , lightweight, and 2 person Side X Side! Getting to be popular

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 02:22 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
Judy, It all depends on what your needs are, seems like the Prowler is for a more mature age group. The sport machines are great and Arctic Cat offers several different versions. Here in Michigan, I sometimes wish I had a smaller machine. Over half the trails in Michigan are not available for machines over 50" wide, Arctic Cat finally offered a 50" machine last year, The Arctic Cat Trail. Good value here! Or a 2 or 4 seat wildcat is available. Plus a new 60" wide Wildcat Sport. If IO did nothing but trail riding, I think I would go with the Trail! 60 hp. , lightweight, and 2 person Side X Side! Getting to be popular
RD the only thing I dont like about the trail is that it feels to small for me and you get covered with mud....my 2 cents.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for replying to my initial question. I fall into the "mature age group" so am looking more for a trail and utility type side by side, as I near retirement and want to have fun but also want to do more than just let the thing sit round ! I used to have a 2009 Polaris RZR 800 but didn't feel I was getting my money's worth as I didn't get out on trails often enough. The Arctic Cat appealed to me because I could use it for...chores. Did anyone have any issues with their respective Arctic Cat choices? They appear to be good quality machines (those I have looked at). Again, thanks to all of you for commenting.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Loyal Member

as a "chore" matchine they are one of the best IMHO

just a note of caution though .. there is a low range in the transmission for a reason , when hauling / pulling a load / going up steep inclines type of thing use low range and not work the belt over with excess heat or slipping .. not knowing your ride history / knowledge [sorry if your past that learning curve] .. many newbies try to just power on through the challenge which normally the motor is strong enough to pull on through but you'll shorten the belt life or burn it up doing those things.. again just a heads up

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Judy, we bought our Prowler to use to plow snow, and work around the house. We were new to the ATV/UTV sport. Once we started looking at the regulations, and trails available we started riding immediately. The wife and I are both retired, we love the Prowler, the seating and cab offer plenty of room, and comfort. Very easy to drive (the newer models have power steering). They do put out a lot of heat, and noise, but many members have installed sound, and heat deadening materials to critical areas. If I was to start all over, I think I would still buy a Prowler.

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement