new to me and new to forum - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

new to me and new to forum

hello I just purchased a 2010 prowler 1000 XTZ - havent really got out on it yet but the reverse is a big pain. SO SO SO slow if it really goes when trying to fit into tight spots . Must push the overdrive and then it doesnt make much of a difference. Any advice???? Is there a reverse motor and is it crapping out? My riding lawn mower backs up 100% better

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Welcome to the site, the reverse override switch only works while in 4wd. I have an older Prowler and installed an aftermarket CDI box which removed the the reverse limiter. I'm not sure about the newer models but hang in there someone here should be able to help you out.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Loyal Member

no that's what we have to deal with .. SORRY ON EDIT .. never heard of a "box" that eliminated the issue though

welcome to the house tradesgirl

be sure and fill in your signature so we don't ask questions later in a different thread

BTW where is Armstrong ?? I have many Canuck friends as far north as Horsefly BC , but most in lower BC , Alberta and Sask. ... IMHO Canucks are best folks in the world !!

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 06:21 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradesgirl View Post
hello I just purchased a 2010 prowler 1000 XTZ - havent really got out on it yet but the reverse is a big pain. SO SO SO slow if it really goes when trying to fit into tight spots . Must push the overdrive and then it doesnt make much of a difference. Any advice???? Is there a reverse motor and is it crapping out? My riding lawn mower backs up 100% better

thanks
Yep the override switch only works in reverse when its in 4-wheel drive,with the xtz having a ECU Brain box,not sure if there is anything you can do to eliminate that.keep us updated on your new machine......welcome to the best prowler site

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up thanks all

Thanks to all of you. I did not know the overide only worked in 4x4, thats nice. So is it true then that my new to me prowler 2010 xtz is suppose to back up with hiccup type moves when in 2wd?? It is really really slow and hardly moves and defiantly can not climb a cement piece above ground by about an inch while in 2wd.. That kinda seems like there is no need for reverse in 2wd I might as well put in neutral and get out and push.

Also I will try to put in a signature but not sure is I will do it right. Picture will eventually follow - too new no pics available yet. I will leave a note to see if signature works and if acceptable. LOL

Armstrong is in the north Okanagan, 40min north of kelowna. Beautiful country. I do however spend more time in sk that is where most my work is - so that is where the prowler is.

ttyl

hope to figuire this machine out and fill with fur and wild meat animals.
de3 likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Ok Gary, I hope the signature thingy work out ok, I know you will let me know. I am new to the side by side thing but not new to the fun quad times. THe Prowler is to aid in trapping and hunting and of coarse snow plowing while in SK to work. At least I can enclose it to keep some heat in during the winter months. I do still live in BC but my boyfriend has a place in Sk and unfortunantly there are times when work requires I spend some winter months in the windy damn cold province. I will take any suggestions on keeping the heat in. Any suggestions or tips on using my new prowler to its funnest and fullest potential. I am new to the side by side and will have fun with it for sure.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradesgirl View Post
Thanks to all of you. I did not know the overide only worked in 4x4, thats nice. So is it true then that my new to me prowler 2010 xtz is suppose to back up with hiccup type moves when in 2wd?? It is really really slow and hardly moves and defiantly can not climb a cement piece above ground by about an inch while in 2wd.. That kinda seems like there is no need for reverse in 2wd I might as well put in neutral and get out and push.
Sounds like something is wrong, you should be able to pull a boat backward if you want just not very fast. It should move in reverse smooth but once you reach the max speed the revlimiter will kick in and it will sound like it's cutting out. I wonder if it could be the one-way bearing?

If you don't have one already you can download a free PDF service manual from this site: "K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts" If they don't have your exact year they should have one that's close.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Loyal Member

you'll be able to see you signature when you do it right , it will auto post on all your posts like on the bottom of our posts

2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
The only exception is your signature won't show up if your posting using the mobile version. We'll see if mine shows up on this post, I'm using it now on my tablet.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
The only exception is your signature won't show up if your posting using the mobile version. We'll see if mine shows up on this post, I'm using it now on my tablet.
just shows how little I know about these damn things

Sponsored Links
Advertisement