New Member - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott H.
  • 1 Post By GTroyer
  • 1 Post By Scott H.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Just joined...I bought a 2015 Prowler 550 XT last spring. We've got hundreds of miles of trails and logging roads to ride here in north Idaho. Hope to learn a lot here.
de3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 10:29 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Welcome to the forum! Hundreds of miles of trails would be great, we have gravel roads
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum! Great members, good info, and entertainment at times!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 11:43 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Countless amounts of info here and in the other members!

Martin

2011 Arctic Cat Prowler HDX700 (bought used)
3,200 mi 401 hours
King Shocks
SnowEx V-Plow
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 07:06 AM
Loyal Member

welcome Scott ... didn't see this yesterday when I checked in [probably before you got up ]

Hey what town you in [fill in location] ... I just moved to Reno area from Cd'A .. had a 10 acre piece outside of town rural quiet and semi remote

there sure a ton of ride places in North Idaho to ride and a great maping system available from the forest service .. I have a XTZ with over 5000 miles and 95% are n.Idaho miles

many of my friends still there though some are snow birds and go south to Arizona where I'll be 1/1/17 myself ... lots of ways to go out and about either by club rides [for the newbys to learn the trails a bit] of with friends .. Ever run the Magruder trail ? a good fun ride. [down out of Elk City area] lots of riding down in St Maries , Wallace , Cd'A drainage north of Pinehurst also not to forget east of the water park also .. used to go from my place up Blue Creek rd to the forest service roads and head north to the east side of Ponderay and go for 100+ mile runs or head over to Pinehurst and meet up with my good friend and ride up CdA drainages from there. many times had 150 mile runs that way.

anyway welcome to the house OH and newbys start morning coffee and bring in a load of wood for the fire pit .. visit often and swap some lies with us and get out often to enjoy that ride of yours !!
Scott H. likes this.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
welcome Scott ... didn't see this yesterday when I checked in [probably before you got up ]

Hey what town you in [fill in location] ... I just moved to Reno area from Cd'A .. had a 10 acre piece outside of town rural quiet and semi remote

there sure a ton of ride places in North Idaho to ride and a great maping system available from the forest service .. I have a XTZ with over 5000 miles and 95% are n.Idaho miles

many of my friends still there though some are snow birds and go south to Arizona where I'll be 1/1/17 myself ... lots of ways to go out and about either by club rides [for the newbys to learn the trails a bit] of with friends .. Ever run the Magruder trail ? a good fun ride. [down out of Elk City area] lots of riding down in St Maries , Wallace , Cd'A drainage north of Pinehurst also not to forget east of the water park also .. used to go from my place up Blue Creek rd to the forest service roads and head north to the east side of Ponderay and go for 100+ mile runs or head over to Pinehurst and meet up with my good friend and ride up CdA drainages from there. many times had 150 mile runs that way.

anyway welcome to the house OH and newbys start morning coffee and bring in a load of wood for the fire pit .. visit often and swap some lies with us and get out often to enjoy that ride of yours !!
Live on Twin Lakes just outside of Rathdrum...I can leave the house and be on Inland Paper land in ten minutes. My B-in-Law lives by Cataldo.. We left his house and ran up to Mirror Lake and then took the trails out to Pine Creek to my M-in-Law's house. Stopped at the Pine Creek Tavern for dinner and then ran the pavement back to BIL's house. 80 miles and an all day trip!
de3 likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Ain't it great that we have wide open spaces to ride! Now we just need to keep the politicians to leave us alone!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 05:50 AM
Loyal Member

RD .. thinking that in Idaho there would be a revolt against the govmt. if they changed much , ATV's and UTV's are a way of life there and all secondary roads [non highway] are open to use of the ATV/UTV crowd .. a big industry there

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Getting to be like that in Michigan! I enjoy riding in my home county! Some of the trails are mixed use, biking, horse back riding, and so on. It doe's not create any issues as long as respect is shown all around! When I encounter horses, I pull over, and shut down. This usually starts some conversations that is all friendly! We do not need to be monitored by the DNR, or other agencies. Unfortunately some do!

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement