AZ Newb - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

AZ Newb

Hey all,

I joined the site to find out about the prowler xtz 1000. I am in the market for a side by side (soon as the quad sells) and i wanted to gather as much info on them as i can. Looking at the rhino and teryx as well. I have checked them out a coupla times and there are things i like(motor) and things that scare me (welds/frame). Mostly use it for Glamis and Cinders/N AZ. Anyways..howdy!

Split
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Loyal Member

Hey split,welcome.Buy American.I have a 06 and have beat the crap out of it.There is a few guys on here that know me and have seen the abuse i have put mine through.I have had it to the cinders,dunes,mexico,rim,williams and all around the place.With the economy the way it is please buy American.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Loyal Member

The biggest problem has been the aftermarket.Now with the xtz out they are getting onboard.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Lifetime Member

Ya i am real happy with the XTZ 1000!

It is super fast and super strong. The fit and finish is way nicer than a Terxy! imo

I have really pounded on mine in Glamis and a little in Ocotillo Wells and this thing is impressive.

An American Company put out a great product, I am glad to give them my business!

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys...Sandchris, honestly buying american has never been a top priority for me. I usually would pay extra for something i think has a better build quality. I don't mind it....That being said...i have been hearing that the rhinos and teryxs are pre assembled in china, not sure if thats true or not. I don't think the chinese have our interests in mind when they build anything either.

Just looking for a powerful SxS that can get me and my girls around in a 4 seat config without having to overbore or turbo/force induction it. Hoping that other manufacturers would come up with a similar idea but no one is talking yet..lol.

Glamprowler...been following your build thread with lots of interest so plz keep us up to date on it!

Split
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Founding Member

Welcome from Dragonfire Racing
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Jounior Member

the ground clearance is not great, especially with the nerf bars on. I beat the piss out of the nerf bars and scraped the bottom of my xtz while trying to negotiate fairly rocky obstacles on Sunday. I was talked into going on a ride that I wish I would not have gone on. I bought mine mostly for the dunes and trail riding, and I think the xtz is perfect for that.

Most of my buddy's with Rhino's are wishing the xtz was out when they bought, because the power plant makes it a great platform to start with.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement