Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

hello from wyoming

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sandy4bama 
#1 ·
Hi guys & gals, I have a 2008 700xtx with about 1300miles on it , and one day while driving down a trail it spit&sputtered like it fouled a plug and hasn't run since .I checked the obvious ,spark&fuel but won't start, any ideas ?:eek:

#7 ·
When my prowler quit running I took it to the artic cat dealer. They checked the compression and it was ok but said that it had gotten hot and burnt the oil so it needed a new head, piston and jug, and that all of that would cost between $1200.00 and $2500.00. So I said thank you and loaded it back on my trailer and took it home. When I got it into my shop and looked at it I noticed the timing chain was loose. So I checked the chain tensioner and it was in all the way, so I think that the timing chain stretched and the cam gear jumped a tooth. I have not pulled the head but everything else seems fine. The cam shows no wear and shows no indication of ever being hot. Could the timing chain have stretched enough to let it jump time in 1300 miles?

#8 ·
Welcome to the site. These guys know their stuff and will help you in anyway they can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.