550 efi H1 flatbed 2009 issues - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

550 efi H1 flatbed 2009 issues

Hello everyone, my name is Dale and I am new to this forum it looks very good! look forward to some advice here and there. Just wondering what kind of issues have arose with the 09 550 flatbed? I picked one up recently But I have only plowed with it (low range 4x4 and locked) we have alot of snow right now (Yukon Territory -31 today 16" of snow) I aswell would like take it deep into the wild and feel comfortable in making it home. Its worked very well for plowing, My driveway is 1/8 mile long so she worked pretty hard! So the only issues I have are, The E brake is a joke,Just bad engineering( why doesnt AC learn apparently it a problem since day 1) The cable binds and the wore down mild steel single tooth catch dosent have a part number #@$* Ignition sometimes does work the 1st time sometimes I have to work the key back and forth then she comes to life ( little worried it might not when I am in the bush) When going from L to H it slammed into H with a grueling grind and bang seem to be fine, I was at a complete stop then shifted it said H so I started driving seems to stick a bit or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Jounior Member

First thing I did after I bought my 700 was download the service/owner manual from this site and read it. also look up things on this site and get educated about what goes wrong and how to fix it and remember, how you treat your machine should translate on how it holds up....

your shifting problem sounds like you need to adjust your linkage, my brothers 650 had the same problem and we fixed it in under 5 minutes.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 02:54 PM

start with the shifter cable , alot of them need ajustment when new and the parking brake cable too . remember that the engine needs to be at idle and stopped before shifting .. a raised idle will cause the wet clucth to engage and the the cvt to spin that causes the grinding and banging noise .

check the connection behind the key switch there has been a few cases of the plug being loose after and winch of plow install because the dash was pulled out to install the wiring and switch.

welcome to the site
soazcat

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Loyal Member

Welcome to the site omilon. A few questions for you. Did you buy a extended warranty? Or if you bought it used did the previous owner buy one that you can get transfered to you?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

No warranty unfortunatly! Bought it used 41 miles on it...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Jounior Member

Your concern about the ignition switch is genuine. I played with mine for a couple of years learning how to hold it just right so it would turn. Just had it figured out when it locked up, leaving me 15 miles from anywhere.By my self alone in the dark(like the first time I had sex). I replaced the switch with one from a napa store only three wires to change it has been fine ever since.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Thanks thats a great Idea! plug in the back was tight So I spayed contact cleaner in it work for a bit But it failed again Damn cheap ignition...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

seems the ign is fine seems to be another issue is there a fuse somewhere? totally lost power!!!!THX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement