New to Forum - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

New to Forum

Just saying hey. I'm new to forum and have a new machine. It's a 2012 Prowler HDX. I jumped ship from a Honda TRX 450. Had a rough day today with a few mechanical issues while testing out the plow. She's going back to the dealer on Monday for a look see. Hope I don't have a lemon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 06:11 PM

Welcome, Hope they get it all fixed for you.

2006 Prowler XT, Warn 4.0 front and rear,14" ITP black 108 ss wheels and 28" maxxis bighorn 2.0 tires, New bushings and steer lite kit,EPI mudder clutch, snorkeled, Rhino axles all 4 corners.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 PM

I new here to and I also have a HDX. What problems are you having with yours? Oh, welcome to the forum.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11WHITEXTZ View Post
I new here to and I also have a HDX. What problems are you having with yours? Oh, welcome to the forum.
Hi. Thanks for the welcome. You too. I already like this site. Was looking for a service manual and presto. I found it in no time flat on here and printed it out last night. Awesome. So about my machine...I sent an email to my dealer on things I ran into and they said get it to them and they will deal with it. I am in northern Michigan and aside from play, my machine will have a couple jobs one of which is snowplowing. Winch cable was strung weird and busted after third plow run test. I had to cut off about ten feet to get past the kinks and frays. I've heard that synthetic cable is good and doesn't do that so maybe I'll go with that. Then there was an error code PO635 which I think has something to do with power steering. Then a weird noise coming from what seems like the transmission. I went to check the oil and the plastic dipstick had messed up threads. I wasn't impressed. Then for a few minutes it ran rough like it was being starved for air. This is a brand new machine. I'm not getting that warm fuzzy so it's going to go back for a look see. I was concerned about having to plow during my break in period but I was assured that if I don't get crazy all should be well. We haven't had enough snow to warrant working it too hard so I am thinking we better see what's up before I potentially end up with a lemon. I'll keep you posted.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome Trey. Good to meet you. I'm loaded and ready to go see dealer on Monday. Have you had any experience with cables fraying and busting on your winch? I was thinking of trying that new synthetic kind of cable to eliminate this headache.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Rides all the time

Plowing with a full spool of cable or rope is tough on them, as if it loads one side or the other it wears on the bracket of the winch.

They make a 10' section just for plowing.
You could use a old piece or rope or cable for this.

The code is low voltage, happened to mine for several miles when new till battery got good and condentioned. Now if it sits for a while it will come back. Cycle the key and it will clear.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
Plowing with a full spool of cable or rope is tough on them, as if it loads one side or the other it wears on the bracket of the winch.

They make a 10' section just for plowing.
You could use a old piece or rope or cable for this.

The code is low voltage, happened to mine for several miles when new till battery got good and condentioned. Now if it sits for a while it will come back. Cycle the key and it will clear.
How cool is that advice. I had the same issue with my Honda since 04. I am really glad I joined this group. Thank you!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Rides all the time

Glad I could help.

And by cycle key I mean off and back on. Mine clears right away and my power steering works after that.
The power steering computer is sensitive to voltage if it has lower than xx.xx (don't know the specific voltage) the P.S. computer won't come on.

Also the shorter rope has a advantage as the spool is smaller and makes it a lower pull ratio easier on the winch and battery.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Loyal Member

Welcome aboard.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 AM

Common problems

My 11 XTZ had initial problems with po635 that would not clear up. The power steering would not function when the code was flashing, apparently AC has a tool for reflashing the PS unit, this was done to my machine and it did not fix the issues I was having. The tool that AC made for the fix is to correct the the voltage sensitivity and the PS unit should continue to function even while flashing po635. In my XTZ the PS unit would quit functioning, after a lot of testing and aggravation it turned out that the speed sensor was shorting out causing PS issues. BTW the speedo would jump on and off while operation indicating a malfunction in the sensor. On my 11 HDX, the PS never quit functioning while the po635 code flashed, it was caused by a low quality battery that would not hold a good charge, the AC flashing tool fixed the code flashing but it still has a crappy battery in it. Apparently AC doesn't have many of these tools and the dealer has to wait weeks sometimes to get them. My XTZ had the cross threaded dipstick when I got it to but the dealer gave me a new one sight unseen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement