New XTZ 1000 badly equipped. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

New XTZ 1000 badly equipped.

We picked up our new 20012 XTZ 100 this January while in Arizona. We had them put in a front windshield and soft top. Big mistake was not putting in a rear window. Driving down dusty trails the dust blows in the back. Looking for a rear windshield. Other than that we love the machine. Living here in Colorado we will be trying it out on the trails tommarow at 10,000 plus feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Founding Member

Yeah, you are right, not having the rear window when you have a full front window really causes the dust to billow in and coat the inside of the windshield.

Sorry, I don't have a rear window in stock, but can get you one pretty quick. Not in time to help you out though for your ride tomorrow.

I can also get lots of other goodies for your machine...

I'm just south of you, outside of Farmington...

Darryl
The Farm Center
800-726-4054

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Darrell I'll come check you out.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Founding Member

Windshields are nice but with out an air gap at the bottom or top it won't blow the dust out of the cab

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Do you yhink if I cut maybe 1 1/2" off of the bottom of the windshield that would solve the problem?

Now I have another issue. Crossing a stream and some rough rocks yesterday, I started getting some loud noise sounding like it coming from tranny area. The cat locked up and the engine quit. I had a hard time getting it in nuetral, but when I did then engine would start and run. When I put it in any forward or reverse gear it would kill the engine as if something was locking it up. Fortunatly friends were there with a Razer and a Can AM (humble pie) to tow me out of an extremely steep and rocky area.
Darryl89 may know the area off of Aspen Loop trail down at the Mancos river. Looks like a trip to the dealer.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Jounior Member

sounds like your clutch is stuck.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 AM

or internal wet clutch ??

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

I was going through water almost to the floorboard. Would that cause a clutch problem? Other than going to a dealer, is there something can do?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budbon View Post
I was going through water almost to the floorboard. Would that cause a clutch problem? Other than going to a dealer, is there something can do?
Sounds like you got water in the clutch housing. The vent for the housing is up in the dash firewall and exhausts behind the seats. But you may have a loose coupling or some way that water got into the housing. When this happens, the water can make the belt slip enough to wedge deep into the drive pulley, effectively locking your belt and drive system up.

I would pull the floor, move the fuel tank over and then pull the drive belt cover off (you need to learn how to do this anyway so you can change belts when needed). Then see if the belt is wedged down into the pulleys.

And don't fret, it happens to Polaris' and Can Ams' also, you just happened to get the bad luck of the draw...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Founding Member

The proper sequence for getting to the belt is as follows:

1. Remove the seats and center console; then remove
the seat bases.

2. Remove the center storage compartment; then
remove the floor.

3. Remove the gas tank hold-down; then remove the
gas tank cap.

4. Remove the gas tank filler neck shroud; then move
the gas tank forward enough to remove the constant
variable transmission (CVT) cover. Install
the gas cap.
K
5. Remove the cap screws securing the CVT cover;
then using a rubber mallet, gently tap on the cover
tabs to loosen the cover. Remove the cover.

Reassembly is opposite of the disassembly. The first time, expect a couple to 3 hours to do it, after that, you can do it much faster..

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement