Not good for Yamaha - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Loyal Member

At least the axles are staying in place.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Lifetime Member

I got this in an e-mail

Associated Press Financial Wire
March 31, 2009 Tuesday 2:25 PM GMT
Off-road vehicles recalled after 46 deaths
BYLINE: By NATASHA T. METZLER, Associated Press Writer
SECTION: BUSINESS NEWS
LENGTH: 238 words
DATELINE: WASHINGTON
Yamaha Motor Corp. USA recalled about 120,000 off-highway recreational vehicles for repairs Tuesday, after two models were involved in 46 deaths.
The two-passenger vehicles are designed for drivers over 16 years old with valid drivers licenses, although some reported deaths involved younger children who were passengers or who operated the vehicles against recommendations, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which announced the recall.
All Rhino 450 and 660 model vehicles were recalled for repairs designed to prevent accidents that resulted in 46 deaths and hundreds of injuries. The reported deaths occurred between the fall of 2003, when the vehicles were first distributed, through this year.
More than two-thirds of the incidents were rollovers. According to the CPSC many of these involved turns on level ground at relatively slow speeds. A number of incidents also involved riders not wearing seat belts.
The repairs are designed to reduce rollover risk, as well as to improve handling and keep riders' limbs inside the vehicles.
Rhino 450 and 660 owners should stop using these vehicles and call their local dealer to schedule an appointment for repairs. They can also receive a free helmet.
Sales of these vehicles have also been suspended for repairs.
This is the first government recall of this category of recreational vehicle.
For more details, call Yamaha at 800-962-7926.
On the Net: http://www.cpsc.gov
Copyright 2009 Associated Press
All Rights Reserved

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Lifetime Member

Sue happy people suck, I don't see suing Yamaha for a riding accident?

I have heard Arctic Cat riders are more dedicated to the ride, if you will.

Arctic Cat also does not get the wannabe riders who make the spur of the moment purchase. They say this type of rider usually buys the Rhino.
These are also the new riders that usually sue.

Its sad for Yamaha, The Rhino is a great product.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Loyal Member

I would bet that half of the accidents are caused from DUI as well.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

All of these side by sides are so much fun.I really don't care what brand they are.You usually see people having fun and enjoying themselves a lot.This is not good because i am sure this will hold Yamaha back from making anything more than a seven hundred cc model for awhile.
Very similar to Honda's deal with the atc i am sure.I don't think honda ever recovered in the atv world after that.Again Sue happy people not taking responsibility for there actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamisProwler View Post
Sue happy people suck, I don't see suing Yamaha for a riding accident?

I have heard Arctic Cat riders are more dedicated to the ride, if you will.

Arctic Cat also does not get the wannabe riders who make the spur of the moment purchase. They say this type of rider usually buys the Rhino.
These are also the new riders that usually sue.

Its sad for Yamaha, The Rhino is a great product.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 AM

Alot of Americans are fat, lazy F*uckers that think they all deserve everything w/o working for it (and want it yesterday)...Look at the housing BS mess now...You would think that if you made 15 dollars an hour that a 400+K house is a bit outta your f*ckin price range...a$$holes. I am a fat american but at least i work my a$$ off for my stuff and i dont live beyond my means. Now while i am stuck bailing out the poor and every other a$$hole who thought he could actually afford a 1/2 million dollar house on 50K a year, my house is worth half what it was and since i pay my bills and my credit is good i cant refi, instead i pay for a house that is worth 1/2 what i bought it for..i'm about a step away from not paying for taxes to a government that has decided its best interest is itself and the f*ckin bankers that got us into this mess. and i aint buyin an american car, dont get me started on that one....guess i'm a BAD american.....ok..i feel better ... thanks..

oh and i agree, honda killed the ATC cuz of that crap. I agree Chris, this sport kicks a$$ and we dont need dumba$$es in it.

Last edited by Split; 04-01-2009 at 01:05 PM.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Loyal Member

Jeez Split

Maybe you should move to Europe or Mexico.

* I feel insulted when you say that "Americans are fat, lazy F*uckers" that think they all deserve everything w/o working for it (and want it yesterday)...You are wrong... I want it a week ago.

I know what you mean because it gets my blood cooking as well but that statement you made kind of puts all Americans into a category that I don't want to be in. I agree that these people suing the manufacturer for their stupidity is unfair and it pisses me off to. I think this problem exists in many countries and not just in the USA.

* I no longer feel insulted. Split changed his choice of words from "Americans" to Alot of "Americans". Well spoken Split.....Now I have to get back to the couch for some Cheetos and Playstation.

Last edited by flying121; 04-01-2009 at 03:34 PM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Lifetime Member

I just got in a car accident not to long ago, and the other persons fault and that person died, it was horrible.

When i went to file my claim for my Rhino that was totaled and my AC that had minor damage. The other insurance company basically told me i would have to just give them my lawyers info to settle as fast as possible.

It was hard for them to settle my claim or fix my Rhino without me suing them first. It was all about a fatality in the accident, they couldn't believe I just wanted my shit fixed

They offered me 9k, and told me I would have to sue for more money than that. I gave them receipts for 40k. They stalled and did nothing while they reviewed this information for about 2 months.

Well I had my own Insurance and My insurance company paid me out 20 plus for the repairs within a month.

I am proud that i didn't sue that poor guy who lost his wife! But I have wondered what that check amount would have been$$$$$

Sponsored Links
Advertisement