New Member With Questions! - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

New Member With Questions!

Hi All!

I'm a new member and have a question about a 2011 HDX 700 that I have an opportunity to buy. I currently own a honda foreman atv and now its time to upgrade. I am tired of freezing during hunting season and thinking a utv is what I need for work around the house and riding with my family. I visited my local artic cat dealer recently in my search and the owner of the dealership offered to sell me his 2011 hdx 700 with 500 or so miles for $10,500. He said it has the steel frame windshield, hard top, soft roll up back and winch. He keeps it at his house to ride his grandkids around and occasionaly brings it to car races to ride around in. I have also looked at the new smaller polaris 500 efi which would be about the same price with options, but like I said, smaller. I've been around polaris, but don't know much about artic cat. My questions are: Is this a good price on the prowler, and is this a good reliable machine to fit my needs?
Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 09:54 PM

What kind of warranty will he still give with it? I priced some hdx here in Texas before I bought my xtz and they were about 3000 more than what price he gave you. If it was me I would get it rather than a new one for the higher price if he still gives the warranty. I fell in love with the hdx. But it was just to much money. Flat bed if you want it. 3 seater was a big selling point for me.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Loyal Member

Welcome aboard.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 AM

Welcome to the forum.. only thing to keep in mind is if you ever decide to do any major upgrades to the machine I've heared the some parts are limited on the HDX... Still sounds like a pretty good price.

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Smile hdx

welcome aboard,sounds like hdx would fit your needs very well make sure that price was with warranty. like Daryle said aftermarket options are hard to find for the hdx unless you buy through articcat.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys,
Definitely need to check on the warranty. I may try to contact him today to check on that as well as the recall work being done. I hope I can maybe get an extended warranty somehow. I haven't driven it yet either so I need to do that also.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 AM

I just bought a used 2012 hdx 700 a month ago I paid 13,500 for mine has a vxc cab and custom tires. It had 505miles on it. I got no warranty except I know the dealership and I got a verbal warranty That if something is wrong with it and has nothing to do with me they would cover it. Love the machine the three seater is what sold me lots of grandkids and love the box too. Itwill do 53MPH done the road also. I also checked out the ranger mid size good price but no room and the suspension doesn't even compare. Also the hdx power steering is awsome!! Hope this helps Charlie
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 09:41 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Smile hdx

the guys that have the hdx really like them.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Went ant test drove the prowler yesterday. All I can say is WOW! The power steering is awesome and the power is impressive. I like the full 3 person seat as well as all of the storage. The only problem is there is NO warranty. The odometer turned 600 miles as I was test driving and everything felt tight on the machine. The owner said he did not get the extended warranty b/c he felt he did not need it, he takes care of his stuff and he doesn't tear anything up. He said its never been in deep mud and all of the recalls have been done. It's never been in the shop for any other problems. It seems like a lot of machine for that price, especially with all of the options. Any thoughts??
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 AM

Sounds like a good deal. Not having a warranty does kind of stink BUT I would venture to say 90% of us that purchase used machines do so with no warranty. I would suggest if you do get it treat it just like buying a used car. Before I went anywhere I would change oil, filter, front and rear diff fuid, service air filter, etc. There are some people that work on their own stuff and think they know best. So may have put Havoline 10w-30 in it or something. So I would make sure myself that it's good to go. Also, after Joe's experience check the intake boot where it connects to the engine and make sure there are no cracks in it that it could be sucking dirt, dust, sand, etc into the engine. Also, you may want to pull the clutch cover and inspect the V-Belt before you go on any long ride.. Just what I would do..

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around