no power to the dash - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

no power to the dash

i have an 06 prowler . when i turn the key on the dash doesnt light up and i cant get the lights to come on . i do get power to the winch when i turn the key on and the battery seems good since i can run the winch
. the fuses all look good .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrider View Post
i have an 06 prowler . when i turn the key on the dash doesnt light up and i cant get the lights to come on . i do get power to the winch when i turn the key on and the battery seems good since i can run the winch
. the fuses all look good .
...not sure what you are calling the dash, The speedometer should illuminate when key is turned on. Is there other lights on your prowler that should come on or are you talking about the headlights or its switch?

By the way, Welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

ya the speedometer doesnt light up . nor do the headlights come on when i turn the key on . i replaced the key switch but that didnt help.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
de3
Loyal Member

welcome aboard hang in there you will find the problem,I would think it would have to be a fuse.i would start tracing your headlight wiring back to your fuse block............

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrider View Post
ya the speedometer doesnt light up . nor do the headlights come on when i turn the key on . i replaced the key switch but that didnt help.
Did this happen all of a sudden or what. Even though you said fuses were okay, I would try different fuse, look at the fuse contacts close for corrosion.
I know you said your winch was working, but I suspect the ground is bad between the battery and the switch. You could run a temporary wire from the negative post of the battery to the ground connection on the ignition switch. Can anybody else think of anything?

The winch probably has a separate ground, that is why I'm thinking ground or corrosion. I've changed out fuses before that looked good, but evidently they were not.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 11:29 AM

I know alot of times if your having cluster issues you can unhook your battery overnight and it will reset it. But I don't think that applies if you are not getting power at all. When I had my dash apart installing my gauges I was all through the wiring. The headlight feed taps off of the gauge feed. the winch working makes sense because they should be wired seperate. I would check to see if you are getting power up to the gauge (my guess is no). Then trace-back.. Even if your gauge pod was bad your headlights should still be getting power! I agree also with TBird. A fuse is a cheap investment to cross off the list of possible problems.

P.S. When you push in the E-Brake does your E-brake light come on? Only asking because I believe that e-brake switch is also tapped off the main power coming to the pod... If all of that is dead it should actually make things easier than if half was working..

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 PM
de3
Loyal Member

on the 06 you dont have a E-brake light.i know mine dont.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement