07 650 h1 fuel leak - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

07 650 h1 fuel leak

I purchased my first Arctic Cat and so far have mixed feelings... Leaking fuel out of overflow on bottom of carb. I cleaned the carb "several times" and polished the seat. new fuel needle. I broke down and purchased a new carb.Ran gas into clear bottle,nothing in tank. Any ideas...SAME PROBLEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 05:03 PM
de3
Loyal Member

carb

welcome aboard,on the factory carb the only way fuel can come out of the float bowl hose is to loosen the screw where the hose hooks to the nipple on float bowl.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Actually there is an overflow tube in the bowl itself and I think thats where it is coming from. With the bowl off and the drain closed you can blow air through the tube and out the drain port. Not sure why it will not seal off. The old carb was doing the exact same thing. Could the fuel pump be causing it? Just thinking out loud

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

OHH and thanks for the WELCOME ABOARD...not trying to be short just kind aggrevated.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
de3
Loyal Member

carb

Rodney,the only thing i can think of is the fuel pump,i just cant imagine why two different carbs would leak.thats one problem that i have not heard of on here. did you buy the prowler with the carb leaking. how does it run. the only way it could be the fuel pump is that its pumping to much pressure,like someone put a high pressure pump on it.someone will chime in and help out. when i was running a stock carb i had the float bowl off 20 or 25 times re-jetting never had carb to leak or flood out.did you buy a brand new carb.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 03:50 AM

My 08 650 drained all the fuel out of the carb when in Utah, the drain was tight, the overflow tube was tight and in place.

I just folded the drain tube in half and zip tied it shut, finished our vacation and it ran like a champ. Never did figure out why it started draining like that before I traded on a XTZ

2010 Prowler XTZ 1000-
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail-Brake lights//Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/Fat Max storage Box in bed
Tiger Tail Towing system
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 AM
Rides all the time

My carb kept draining out of the overflow as well despite going in and blowing everything out. Finally this last time I installed a new needle and adjusted the float. Knock on wood, but no more leaks so far. Check what your float is adjusted at, and adjust as needed (although odd to be doing exactly the same on two different carbs, but your float height needs to be checked). You already have a new needle. So you should be good there.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 AM
de3
Loyal Member

thats what i thought shane, thats odd for two carbs to do that,thats why i ask him if the second carb was new. i will pm you on the second air filter i went over and looked at the new ones.Triple J I rember you doing that.

Last edited by de3; 12-21-2012 at 05:51 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Of course when I purchased it from an individual there was no mention of the leak. The unit runs great just running it normal but at low speed it hesitates and sputters sometimes. Then is when you will notice the fuel leaking on the starter out of the overflow.
On the old carb I adjusted the float as far out as I could and the unit still ran and even then it would leak. I have not adjusted the new float on the new carb but will check the height.
Thanks to everyone for the post..this site is awesome!!!
I am meeting a buddy of mine today that has a really good mechanic working at his shop and we are going to tear into it. I will post the results.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyE View Post
Of course when I purchased it from an individual there was no mention of the leak. The unit runs great just running it normal but at low speed it hesitates and sputters sometimes. Then is when you will notice the fuel leaking on the starter out of the overflow.
On the old carb I adjusted the float as far out as I could and the unit still ran and even then it would leak. I have not adjusted the new float on the new carb but will check the height.
Thanks to everyone for the post..this site is awesome!!!
I am meeting a buddy of mine today that has a really good mechanic working at his shop and we are going to tear into it. I will post the results.
Welcome to the site. Only thing I could think of is float needle not sealing for whatever reason, any chance float has pin hole in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement