NEW MEMBER jag - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
jag

NEW MEMBER jag

HI EVERYONE! New member jag from WV. 2012 xtz1000 Took a years worth of social security checks to buy this toy for myself. I was 63 12/26/13 the xtz 1000 will be 1 on 12/29/13. I think I am in a lot better shape than my toy! The xtz has 310 miles I have 310,000 something wrong with this picture! I sure could use some help trying to figure this thing out. 3 new batteries, 2 rear seals,1 new electric power steering unit. 1 new voltage regulator,wireing harness, cross threaded lug nut, multiable warning codes all the time--P0635, EFI, ERROR and I just noticed the paint starting to bubble up on the roll bar near the tail light. Rust already? Its kept in a heated garage when its not in the shop getting looked at!!! NOT FIXED! I WANNA RIDE any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS jag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
HI EVERYONE! New member jag from WV. 2012 xtz1000 Took a years worth of social security checks to buy this toy for myself. I was 63 12/26/13 the xtz 1000 will be 1 on 12/29/13. I think I am in a lot better shape than my toy! The xtz has 310 miles I have 310,000 something wrong with this picture! I sure could use some help trying to figure this thing out. 3 new batteries, 2 rear seals,1 new electric power steering unit. 1 new voltage regulator,wireing harness, cross threaded lug nut, multiable warning codes all the time--P0635, EFI, ERROR and I just noticed the paint starting to bubble up on the roll bar near the tail light. Rust already? Its kept in a heated garage when its not in the shop getting looked at!!! NOT FIXED! I WANNA RIDE any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS jag
Welcome to the forum from Ky! Why do you have three batteries, I'm not familiar with the XTZ 1000.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 AM

Welcome to the forum.

As far as batteries if the dealer isn't prepping them right they will not last.
The rust seems to come fairly quick but it's usually minor and easy to touch up
Not sure of the trails you ride but from other forums I'm on the WV trails tend to be hard on machines (all brands)

If you do a search you'll find a code chart to tell you what your codes are

2010 Prowler XTZ 1000-
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail-Brake lights//Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/Fat Max storage Box in bed
Tiger Tail Towing system

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Administrator

Welcome! Sounds like your electrical system has been fried! Do you use a battery charger?, Has it overcharged at any time? 3 batteries, and a wiring harness in a years time, not good! The bubbled paint near the tail light, could it be burned? Just a thought, but the wire to the tail light is light gauge, and is in the roll bar in that area.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 AM
de3
Loyal Member

welcome

welcome aboard,sorry to here about your problems so soon.Iam also from WVA where in wva are you from hopefully your dealer is taking care of you. I agree your electric system is messed up.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Loyal Member

welcome to the house ..

you sure there isn't a wildfire near you or a long deep ravine that might suck the rig in LOL

assuming it's fully insured ..... now I'm not saying

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
jag

Hi Tbird; The reason for three batteries is because the dealership I purchased the xtz Prowler from is a Honda/Mazda auto dealership and started selling Arctic Cats on the side. I think it was easier for the guy that worked on it every time I brought it in to just replace the battery than to try and figure out why it would discharge while I was running it.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
jag

Hi Triple J W V trails tend to be hard on men and machines but only if you let them! Thats what makes it fun. The sad thing is that my Prowler has only been on one real trail ride and it left me hanging 34 miles from my truck and trailer. It just stop running-battery compleatly discharged. A nice fellow with a brand new CAN AM Commander 800 gave me a tow to civilation where I left it in someones yard then gave me a ride all the way to my truck-glad he was around! The rest of the miles put on around the farm. That way I won't have to walk as far to get home. I took it to a real Arctic Cat dealer and they figured out the problem-faulty voltage regulator and bad wire in the harness. I didn't buy it from them but they were more than happy to help me.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
jag

Hi de3 I am about 60 miles east of you,between Salem and Clarksburg 3 miles off RT50. The guys at Leesons Import Motors in Bridgeport have been working hard to fix this machine for me and I really appreciate it. I have a 2002 Honda Rubicon 500 with over 5000 miles on it,use it around the farm and for play.Been through the Rocky Mountains elk hunting 5 times with it and still has the origional battery--go figure. You have heard the saying that when you got good one you really got a good one! And when you get a bad one--WELL YOU KNOW.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
Hi de3 I am about 60 miles east of you,between Salem and Clarksburg 3 miles off RT50. The guys at Leesons Import Motors in Bridgeport have been working hard to fix this machine for me and I really appreciate it. I have a 2002 Honda Rubicon 500 with over 5000 miles on it,use it around the farm and for play.Been through the Rocky Mountains elk hunting 5 times with it and still has the origional battery--go figure. You have heard the saying that when you got good one you really got a good one! And when you get a bad one--WELL YOU KNOW.
Does the state have a "lemon law"? You may have gotten a bad one. How long have you had it? Would they swap you for another new XTZ?

I just reread your original post and realize that you put down the year 13 instead of 12. I thought you had just bought it. Doubt if any lemon law would be in effect after a year though.

Last edited by TBird; 12-28-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement