Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

07 prowler new engine won't run right

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  out west 
#1 ·
Hi i'm HERB IN SALTLAKE CITY uT. NEW TO THE FORUM AND IN NEED OF HELP I HAVE A 07 H1 650 PROWLER FIRST ENGINE WENT TOES UP WHEN THE OIL PUMP GEAR SHEARED OFF AND DESTROYED THE TOP END SO I BOUGHT A NEW FACTORY MOTOR INSTALLED IT STARTED IT UP REVED IT UP BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN GEAR TO DRIVE IT WENT INTO A LIMP MODE LIKE IT WAS IN REVERSE BUT WAS INTO DRIVE FUEL FILTER IS CLEAN FUEL PUMP SEEMS TO WORK SHIFTER IS IN THE PROPER POSITION ETC. HAVE DISCONECTED OVERRIDE SWITCH AND THE GEAR SELECTOR FOR THE DASH STILL WON'T REV-UP WHEN IN GEAR. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS.THANX HERB

#3 ·
I was having 2nd thoughts whether to replace my oil pump gear with the new style, but after reading your story I'll be changing that out as soon as I can.

So your machine revs in neutral?

#7 ·
I'm with you, I just changed the cam and rockers in mine this summer because they were wore out. It seemed to be pumping oil good when I had the covers off it was shooting oil out on the exhaust and smoked up my garage. But I haven't got a gauge on it yet to check the pressure. I'm the 3rd owner of mine so I don't know what it's been through.

#5 · (Edited)
HI Justin,welcome to the site.the ones i here the most problems about are 06 and 07.as for as 07 and up not sure,but it seems like it is a selected few.I know here lately i have been hearing more about it,i dont understand why the teeth are wearing down or breaking off,theres not that much pressure on the driven gear.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like it may be fuel or air starved....even if fuel filter and line looks good replace with new piece of fuel line without filter to see if old line is collapsing upon demand, you might want ton check fuel pickup line for same issue. Over time some fuel will cause rubber to break down inside but appear fine outside. Check engine with air filter off of it at same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.