getting some info! - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

getting some info!

just got a 2010 prowler 1000 with walker evens shocks and dynatek rev box...who makes a fair priced mid travel kit for these and i need a good long lasting hard to puncture allterrian tire for mountain hard/intermediate terrian the contenders are gbc dirt commander 8ply bias or gbc grim reaper 8ply radial or kenda bounty hunter 6ply radial thanks the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiesel View Post
just got a 2010 prowler 1000 with walker evens shocks and dynatek rev box...who makes a fair priced mid travel kit for these and i need a good long lasting hard to puncture allterrian tire for mountain hard/intermediate terrian the contenders are gbc dirt commander 8ply bias or gbc grim reaper 8ply radial or kenda bounty hunter 6ply radial thanks the help.
WELCOME aboard,great site,great members,as for as your tires anything 8 ply will give you a very stout side wall tire,If you go to six ply I like the BigHorns,lot of guys like the 2.0 because there lighter,I like the orig BigHorns myself.If you go to longer a-arms can you still use your shocks.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Loyal Member

Welcome as far as fair price I dont think you can use that term when buying parts for a UTV.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 07:05 AM
Rides all the time

I agree with Joe, I don't think you can find anything for these for a fair price... I've browsed before for some longer travel a-arm kits, and I couldn't find anything that was affordable. This might be complete kits with shocks and all (can't remember) but everything was at least $3000 plus.... I don't get it, I purchases extended a-arms for my sport atv a while back and I think the kit cost me in the ballpark of $500. UTV stuff is the same thing, just a little more stout. So I don't see why so much more money... I think just because it says UTV like Joe said....

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 AM

As stated above, anything related to UTV performance (or even general parts) are generally marked up pretty high. There are ZERO budget long travel kits out there. As de3 stated, you can't beat the original Maxxis Bighorns for longevity and durability. BTW, welcome to the site (best Prowler forum out there!).

09 Prowler 700 XTX, Dynatek FS cdi and coil kit, Maxxis Bighorns, Warn 3500 lb winch, factory windshield/wiper and roof, Trail Armor doors, cage chopped 4", BEARD rear bench seat w/ 4 point harnesses, custom built extended cage. Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 marine stereo, Scosche 6.5' 3-way speakers in custom built overhead console and MB Quart NAU260 marine amplifier. Cobra CB. Sunpro volt, oil pressure and water temp gauges. Custom gauge plate built by RD. Peel 7 Seal lined doghouse.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Loyal Member

Pit Bull Rocker Uber tires also .. but don't know how tall they get as I run a "stock" 26.5 size .. they are 8 ply.

the only other tire I would run is the original Big Horn's [but that's just me]

Hey Mike .. you sure 'bout being able to use stock shocks on a lift kit ????

welcome to the site as said before good helpful dudes around these parts.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
Pit Bull Rocker Uber tires also .. but don't know how tall they get as I run a "stock" 26.5 size .. they are 8 ply.

the only other tire I would run is the original Big Horn's [but that's just me]

Hey Mike .. you sure 'bout being able to use stock shocks on a lift kit ????

welcome to the site as said before good helpful dudes around these parts.
Iam not sure about using stock shocks with lift kit I think there is guys that do,but I dont think stock shocks will work with long travel.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Loyal Member

sorry .. I meant stock length Walker's shock

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

what tires?

thanks for all the help guy,im going to buy tires today im undecided either gbc grim reapers or origonal kenda bounty hunter 6ply radials these are the only tires in my price range i need longest wear and best overall tire
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM

Judging by the lugs, I'd say the Grim Reapers would last longer than the Bounty Hunters.

09 Prowler 700 XTX, Dynatek FS cdi and coil kit, Maxxis Bighorns, Warn 3500 lb winch, factory windshield/wiper and roof, Trail Armor doors, cage chopped 4", BEARD rear bench seat w/ 4 point harnesses, custom built extended cage. Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 marine stereo, Scosche 6.5' 3-way speakers in custom built overhead console and MB Quart NAU260 marine amplifier. Cobra CB. Sunpro volt, oil pressure and water temp gauges. Custom gauge plate built by RD. Peel 7 Seal lined doghouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement