I bought a Baja 1000 today - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

I bought a Baja 1000 today

A week, or so, ago I received an e-mail from Arctic Cat announcing the 2010 model line up. Browsing the AC website, I came upon the special financing offer on the 2009 (and older) new inventory. I immediately set about to get a new Baja 1000. One dealer would not offer the special finance rate. The next one honored it but did not know about the Baja and wanted to sell me the XTZ H2. Then I found a dealer that would work with me. I made the 50 mile trip thru traffic and spent the greater share of the mid-day explaining to the dealer what a "Baja 1000" actually was. Once that was accomplished, they located a Baja and arranged to have it shipped in. I pick it up on Sat. I am really excited.

I have never had any Arctic Cat product before. I did a crash course in learning via the Internet Forums before I made my final decision to buy an AC. Thank you all for your very informative posts.

I am in the greater Fort Worth TX area. I plan on spending many happy days & nights running trails / camping out at the large OHV areas in TX & OK. I am a member of a number of forums and try to participate whenever possible. I hope that I can add some positive things here also.

Terry

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

Last edited by Retired1; 08-19-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Loyal Member

Welcome Terry,and congrats on the new cat.I have not seen any photos of them except on AC's website.How does the green look in person?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
Welcome Terry,and congrats on the new cat.I have not seen any photos of them except on AC's website.How does the green look in person?
The dealer I ended up at does not have any Prowlers in on-site inventory. They are a Kawasaki - Suzuki sport bike dealer with the emphasis on the larger displacement bikes. They have a smaller section of the dealership devoted to ATVs and UTVs. No one at the dealer had ever heard of a Baja 1000 and they had to call the factory to confirm that they existed and to locate one. Mine is being shpped in from some unknown location. I will not see it until I pick it up on Sat.

The dealer does have a new Arctic Cat Mud Pro ATV in the showroom (along with a Thndercat 1000 ATV). The Mud Pro looks terrific. It is a good looking green metallic color and I am guessing that the color is the same as the green metallic my Baja will be. If so, it is pretty close to an Emerald Green color. I will take a bunch of photos when I get it home and create a Photobucket folder to house them for sharing.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

Last edited by Retired1; 08-19-2009 at 04:35 PM.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Loyal Member

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Loyal Member

Bass Pro Shop in Arizona had a Green Baja in stock a few weeks ago. It was on sale as well. It looked pretty good in Green.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Rides all the time

Definately post pics when you get it!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Lifetime Member

congratulations and welcome to the site.

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Founding Member

I'm in the process of transferring a Baja 1000 into my dealership right now. It'll be here tomorrow. Even though I'll have a truckload of 2010 XTZs (Metallic Green) that will be here soon, I wanted the Baja for the fact that it has 1.9% financing available and the 2010's doesn't.
Going to put in Twisted Stitch Vortex Seats (lowered 4 inches), 4pt Crowe Harness', a custom cage (lowered to correspond with the lowered seats, Beadlocked wheels with Maxxis Bighorns, King Shocks and a few other goodies. Then if it doesn't sell within 2 or 3 weeks, guess I'll just have to buy it myself....
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
I'm in the process of transferring a Baja 1000 into my dealership right now. It'll be here tomorrow. Even though I'll have a truckload of 2010 XTZs (Metallic Green) that will be here soon, I wanted the Baja for the fact that it has 1.9% financing available and the 2010's doesn't.
Going to put in Twisted Stitch Vortex Seats (lowered 4 inches), 4pt Crowe Harness', a custom cage (lowered to correspond with the lowered seats, Beadlocked wheels with Maxxis Bighorns, King Shocks and a few other goodies. Then if it doesn't sell within 2 or 3 weeks, guess I'll just have to buy it myself....
I never thought about asking here if there were any dealers having a Baja available. I started with the online dealer locator and searched for those closest to me. I would have much rather bought one already set up like yours and me not have to track down the items and do the work myself.... Its only 799 miles / 13.5 hours each way from my house to Farmington.

I anticipate that adding the lowered seats, lowered cage, and 4 point Crowe harnesses will be the first things I get done.

My biggest interest is your lowered cage. My enclosed trailer was custom made for my race cars. It is 6" lower than standard with an accompanying 6" shorter rear ramp (door). One of the things that attracted me to the Prowler was the roll cage looks like I can remove it fairly easily (by myself), drive the Prowler in/out of the trailer, and reinstall the cage (by myself) fairly easily. A lowered cage / seat combo may just be the answer I need. When you get this done, will you please let me know? I would like to find out the overall height you end up with. Are you a dealer for the seats and harnesses? Is the custom cage something you will be able to offer as a for sale item?

Terry

Last edited by Retired1; 08-19-2009 at 04:36 PM.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Loyal Member

Hey cj wouldn't it be easier to let the tires down to almost flat and drive it in?Then just air them back up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD CJ7 View Post
I never thought about asking here if there were any dealers having a Baja available. I started with the online dealer locator and searched for those closest to me. I would have much rather bought one already set up like yours and me not have to track down the items and do the work myself.... Its only 799 miles / 13.5 hours each way from my house to Farmington.

I anticipate that adding the lowered seats, lowered cage, and 4 point Crowe harnesses will be the first things I get done.

My biggest interest is your lowered cage. My enclosed trailer was custom made for my race cars. It is 6" lower than standard with an accompanying 6" shorter rear ramp (door). One of the things that attracted me to the Prowler was the roll cage looks like I can remove it fairly easily (by myself), drive the Prowler in/out of the trailer, and reinstall the cage (by myself) fairly easily. A lowered cage / seat combo may just be the answer I need. When you get this done, will you please let me know? I would like to find out the overall height you end up with. Are you a dealer for the seats and harnesses? Is the custom cage something you will be able to offer as a for sale item?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement