Another Great Riding Vacation - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member's Rides A place to share pictures and videos of your Arctic Cat Prowlers

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Another Great Riding Vacation

Well, I just got back from my second vacation this year and it was AWESOME! Took a full week off this time and headed up to camp near Red River Hot Springs. We made several great runs during that time:
1) Anderson Butte Lookout Tower: This was a 22 mile (one direction) ride from where we were camped. The trail was awesome and, luckily, had been cut out well enough for UTVs to get through. Typically this time of year there is a LOT of snow to contend with and generally don't get to make it all the way to the tower. This year, there was not a spot of snow to be seen and the Huckleberry bushes already had nice green berries only a few weeks away from being ripe. The lookout tower is a 65 foot tall structure and was well kept up by the Forest Service. The trail was a blast and was quite like a roller coaster ride.

2: American River Run: This ride was quite the workout. The trail was only partially cut out for quads and it took a couple tanks of saw gas to clear out. It was a very technical ride with a lot of steep rock crawling both directions. This ride was about 27 miles one direction and took a good portion of the day to complete (mainly due to the slow progression from clearing trail and how technical it was). There were several small creek crossings and some fun muddy spots we hit along the way. Once you drop down into American River, you're greeted with beautiful scenery as the trail follows the river up. (sorry....I didn't grab my camera for that run).

09 Prowler 700 XTX, Dynatek FS cdi and coil kit, Maxxis Bighorns, Warn 3500 lb winch, factory windshield/wiper and roof, Trail Armor doors, cage chopped 4", BEARD rear bench seat w/ 4 point harnesses, custom built extended cage. Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 marine stereo, Scosche 6.5' 3-way speakers in custom built overhead console and MB Quart NAU260 marine amplifier. Cobra CB. Sunpro volt, oil pressure and water temp gauges. Custom gauge plate built by RD. Peel 7 Seal lined doghouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

3: Burnt Knob Lookout: This was by far my favorite run. The trail definitely needed cleared out and we did so much that we were almost out of saw gas. So we decided to only cut was was needed and climb over whatever we could. Safe to say, I tested the limits of my machine and cleared some pretty decent sized logs. Once we left the trail, it connected us to the MacGruder Corridor road. We followed it for about 28 miles looking for the turn off to Burnt Knob Lookout tower. MacGruder isn't a very technical road but gives some gorgeous scenery and nice dips and climbs in elevation. Once you hit the turnoff for Burnt Knob, the fun begins again as it's a very rocky climb up to the lookout. Once there, the scenery is some of the best you'll ever see.

09 Prowler 700 XTX, Dynatek FS cdi and coil kit, Maxxis Bighorns, Warn 3500 lb winch, factory windshield/wiper and roof, Trail Armor doors, cage chopped 4", BEARD rear bench seat w/ 4 point harnesses, custom built extended cage. Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 marine stereo, Scosche 6.5' 3-way speakers in custom built overhead console and MB Quart NAU260 marine amplifier. Cobra CB. Sunpro volt, oil pressure and water temp gauges. Custom gauge plate built by RD. Peel 7 Seal lined doghouse.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Overall, the trip was awesome. We got to see a ton of elk, got some great fishing in, memorable rides and lots of relaxing around the campfire. The kids had a blast catching crawdads out of the creek. It was nice to actually be able to utilize our new toy hauler and my wife was really happy with having all the additional room and ability to shower. I can't wait until next year to do this trip again!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Great ride! Thanks for sharing!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Loyal Member

boy when I see my Home area I miss it so much .... sure wish I had been able to stay but hey it is what it is

Thanks for the memories of a great Idaho ride !!!

GUYS I told you Idaho was the best of the best
Mavic19 likes this.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:44 PM

Man, those are beautiful pics. That does look like a great time.

Ron

2011 HDX 700 (sold) - CoolFlo windshield, brush guard, Warn winch, hard top, Clarion CD player, amp, Kicker speaker bar, AC rear view mirror, AC storage bag, auxiliary battery with crossover, GBC Grim Reapers.
2007 Suzuki Eiger
2017 CFMoto Zforce 800EX
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 04:41 AM
Administrator

I keep looking at the pic's! How far is Idaho from Michigan?????????????????????? Next Year might be doable!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 11:37 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Very Awesome pictures.......Did you take your new sxs.....

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Rides all the time

Looks like some great areas to ride and a lot of fun. Maybe one of these days I'll be fortunate enough to make the ride with you. It would be fun to finally get my family out in the Prowler, and do some camping in the toyhauler in the process.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Shane, how is your move going? Hope all is well!

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement