New Rig, - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member's Rides A place to share pictures and videos of your Arctic Cat Prowlers

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Big Jim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Location: North West Wisconsin .......60 miles south of Lake Superior

New Rig,

Evening All Well I asked questions about a 12 Prowler Well when I saw it up front it was a no go, SO I found a 16 700 HDX, new motor and a ton of extras, not much of anything I would want to put on it has everything, the owner wanted out from under it after blowing it up, got it for a GREAT PRICE to good to turn down, picking it up tomorrow, let the fun begin
Fairmont79 and cat_crazy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 09:31 PM
Loyal Member

congrats hope you get many a mile out of it .. remember they do not like to lug down for long periods of time .... low range will be a good friend if you pay attention to RPM /throttle

if used to plow LOW RANGE and it will live , common sense goes a long way with these ... they are a bit top heavy also so if on steep terrain side hill needs your full attention , need not ask how I know this

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Congrats Big Jim! Great riding area where your located! Clean oil, and clean air and they run forever! This forum will provide everything you will ever need for info.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 07:32 AM

I haven't been around a new body style. Let us know what it's like.

How did the PO blow it up? Water, no oil.....

2012 XTZ
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 02:42 PM
Administrator

The 700 is very stout, really have to neglect them, or abuse them to break them!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

The way it sounds neglect, sucked in to much dust and water and didn't do anything about it till he cooked the motor, did it in 814 miles from new, the dealer I got it from was the selling dealer and they did the repair, he pulled the records. the new motor has 25 miles on it, the machine now has 839 miles, I think he was too busy putting accessories on to look after the things that count, it is set up nice, near as the dealer and I can tell around 4700.00 just in accessories, add to that the 5 grand for the repair also out of pocket, he wanted out from under it and took a big hit to do it he was so P.O. at Cat that they would not cover it under warranty, his fault not Cat, when the dealer told me I could get it for a few hundred over the repair and accessories cost I had the service dept give it a going over as it was being sold on consignment got a clean bill of health, it' still on the trailer waiting for the rain to stop tomorrow
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 04:09 AM
Administrator

CONGRATS! Sounds like a deal you could not pass on! Being a roller bearing motor the bottom end is almost bullet proof! Dust will kill atv/utv motors in a heartbeat! I'm a AC person, and while I was saddened of the passing of the Prowler it was indeed time to move on. Textron is doing AC proud!

Either - Dick or RD
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, .. Yes it was one of those deals you hear about but never see, even my wife when looking at it said we'd be nuts not to get it, she is the production manager in a 15 man auto body shop, they also do some custom work, has been in it for over 20 years so well worth listening to when it comes to things with 4 wheels!!!!! :-)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Just like anything else, you take care of it, an it will take care of you! Mine is down a lot, but that is by choice! I love to tinker with it! I like to try different combinations on the motor/drivetrain. I blew up my motor about a month ago, but that was sustained high RPM! Think the piston broke in the pin area, and then down hill from there!

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement