New additions to my XTZ - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member's Rides A place to share pictures and videos of your Arctic Cat Prowlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

New additions to my XTZ

I just added 5 Vision X Solstice Solo S1100 LEDs to my pair of PIAA floods. I installed two Spots, two Euros, and one Flood. These are 10 watt LEDs putting out 900 Lumens. Compared to the stock bulbs, the PIAAs were much more brilliant and a much whiter white. I was totally unprepared for the Vision X Solstice Solo lamps. It is like looking at an arc welder without a helmet on. The PIAAs look soft amberish in comparison. I am going to keep the PIAAs as I want extra light when someone approaches as there is no way I would leave the Vision X lamps on when some one is headed my way. I can see "retina burn" as an outcome. These are truly impressive lamps. I understand you west coast guys are well into the full width LEDs, but these are just amazing to me... Note: the photo showing the lamps lit was taken at about 45 degrees off axis, down front, below the front brush guard, as I could not look into the lamps at any less angle.

In one pic, you can also see the weather resistant CB mounted overhead.

Photos now include:
1st day home pics,
PIAA lamps mounted overhead
Vision X Solo Solstice LED lamps mounted overhead
Arctic Cat brush guard replacing OEM front bumper
1.5" Wheel spacers
Ram Mounts for GPS on dashboard
UTV CRAP rear upper frame tube reinforcing bars
Accutronix billet frame brace / license plate bracket
LED (green) rear trail beacon

Click on the link below to see the photos:
Arctic Cat Prowler pictures by 350v8s10 - Photobucket

Here are some pics of my UTV CRAP harness bar and 5 point Simpson restraints.

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...Harness%20Bar/

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

Last edited by Retired1; 10-10-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Loyal Member

Very nice cj7.They look very clean right there.Hopefully you do not get to much glare off of the hood.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Jounior Member

Lookin good!

I was out at Stoddard wells this weekend and it was amazing how fast i was outrunning my stock light output. Time for led bars or Kragen HID's.

2009 Orange XTZ
Prestige Motorsports 4 seat cage, tie rods. UtvInc skids, half doors. 1.5in wheel spacers.

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/ar...html#post37739

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
Very nice cj7.They look very clean right there.Hopefully you do not get to much glare off of the hood.

I had to wait until tonight to see if they would glare off the hood. I could not actually drive it, but with all garage lights out and the door open, I see no problem with glare. Activating the PIAA, or the Vision X lamps, or both, does let some light illuminate the hood, but no real glare. The lights are focused sufficiently tightly to keep the patterns together until further out from the front of the car. This is the best I can test at the moment. The real field testing is some time off in the future.

I do have one flood lensed Vision X Solo, that could have had enough side light to produce glare, but it is not overhead. I put it centered between the headlights - behind the brush guard uprights. It is wired in independently to use to supplement the headlamps without activating the overhead lamps.

I also checked again for helmet clearance and vision obstruction. No problems here either. I mounted the upper lights under the top bar in order to use the bar as additional protection from impact and fabbed my brackets so the I could use existing holes and not drill into the roll cage.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

Last edited by Retired1; 10-04-2009 at 09:57 PM.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

More pics added - including brush guard, wheel spacers, & lower Vision X Solo

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w120/350v8s10/Arctic%20Cat%20Prowler/

Terry
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Dual GPS units mounted this morning. GPS units are a Garmin Nuvi 500 & a 60CSx. Mounts are Ram Mounts. Both GPS units are waterproof and each displays somewhat different info from the other.

Terry
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Loyal Member

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD CJ7 View Post
Dual GPS units mounted this morning. GPS units are a Garmin Nuvi 500 & a 60CSx. Mounts are Ram Mounts. Both GPS units are waterproof and each displays somewhat different info from the other.

New nickname for Terry.... the gadget guru....
Good looking setup Terry....
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
New nickname for Terry.... the gadget guru....

You mean like "GiGi" for short?

All my life, I get no respect....I grow up with a name Terry (Last name pronounced -) FeeNee, which, when transposed, becomes Teenie Fairy..

Now its "GiGi"

PS:
Even with the gadgets, I can still get lost. I may not know how to get back, but at least I'll know where I am

Terry
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD CJ7 View Post
You mean like "GiGi" for short?

All my life, I get no respect....I grow up with a name Terry (Last name pronounced -) FeeNee, which, when transposed, becomes Teenie Fairy..

Now its "GiGi"

PS:
Even with the gadgets, I can still get lost. I may not know how to get back, but at least I'll know where I am
I'm sure glad you have a sense of humor, got a chuckle outta me today. Thanks.

I usually run with a Garmin on my XTZ also, makes it nice to waypoint areas of interest and to track where I went for later reference. We go out on desert trails and sometimes don't return until dark, GPS's sure make it easy to backtrack. So I'd say it's a pretty smart idea you have there. Plus with the info that they can give you (speed, distance, etc.) it makes it easy to check your vehicle's speedo and odometer.
I have a Delorme Map making system at home, the Garmin downloads the tracks and waypoints onto it pretty easily, makes a good map for later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement