Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Might be selling my 2" Highlifter lift kit

14K views 65 replies 11 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
A little bitter sweet today I pulled off my lift kit. My wife's knee arthritis is making it hard for her to step up so I pulled the lift off today, she likes running around town in the Prowler and I don't want to make it harder for her.

I ordered some running boards for her Pontiac Aztek to see if it makes it easier to get in, even though she likes the Aztek she's considering a car that's lower. Hate to sell that it's a 2004 and has been trouble free for 85,000 miles.

Anyway I'll make someone a good deal on a 2" lift if she tells me it's easier to get in with it off.

#2 ·
Well Crap just got this email about her running boards, I ordered them on Jan. 19 and they keep getting delayed. I've already been bill the $395 and paid for them, might have to cancel and look somewhere else. Finding accessories for a Pontiac Aztek is harder than our old Prowlers :mad:

Dear Michael,

I am writing to you regarding your recent request. We had a conversation via LiveChat.

Your order has not been shipped out yet. Regrettably, the product appears to be temporarily unavailable. The manufacturer expects the part to appear in stock by the end of March. Please let me know if you need to proceed with the cancellation, or you would like to wait for the part.

Please let me know which option works for you, so I could proceed accordingly.

Thank you for your business with us!

Sincerely,

CARiD
Jessica
Customer Service
Customer Experience Center
Phone: 800.505.3274
Email: support@carid.com
FacebookGoogle+YoutubeMyCARiD

#3 ·
I will make an offer of 50 bucks.

#4 ·
Sounds good, I just took it off today I'll look for the installation instructions and get it boxed up sometime this weekend. I think I still have the Highlifter decal that came with it also.

#5 ·
Hey thanks. I will pm my info. What's they cheapest way to move money nowadays. Pay pal?

#6 ·
Paypal will probably be the easiest, I'll pm the info when I get everything ready to go.

#7 ·
gone2thehils.. You're gonna love it! Makes a new beast out of it. Just looks tougher! I think my PayPal fee's are about 7% on my products I sell. I use a pay by check option to lower prices and knock off the fees. Since I deal with boaters, I'll even send the parts and let them and the check cross in the mail. Unlike politicians, in boaters I trust. Ya... Prowler owners, too!:rolleyes: You guys help me spend it, though!

#10 ·
gone2thehils.. You're gonna love it! Makes a new beast out of it. Just looks tougher!
It does raise it up, here's a pic from right after I installed it and one from this morning.

Attachments

#8 ·
We do love to spend other peoples money!

#16 ·
It did bring my Prowler's nerf bars down to around 11" which about the height of the rockers on her Pontiac Aztek and she wants running boards on that to make it easier to get in. Without the nerf bars I not sure if she would climb in.

#17 ·
so success ???? lets hope so anyway , no fun without our spouses

#18 ·
Took her out for ice cream today, although she steps up slow I think she likes it better. She's not much over 5' and I think the floor of the Cat comes to her knee so the nerf bars do help. She really doesn't complain about the pain much but I watch her walk and know it bothers her and her balance is terrible. She's fell a few times on flat ground and not too long ago fell and hit the coffee table with her face, I was sitting right there and blood flew! Luckily just a busted lip, even had to clean blood off the dog.:eek:

Can't get her to go back to the doctor to see if they can do something for her, she's stubborn.

#19 ·
my wife is 5'1" , I'm 6'7" we are a sight LOL

#20 ·
Dang I'm only about 5'10", I bet you'll never want to chop your cage like some others have you need the head room.

#21 ·
no chance of that happening :)

#22 ·
My wife had shots in both knees to relieve the pain, it did work for about a year. Her sense of balance was effected as she kept trying to walk and minimize the pain. I bet if it was you, your wife would be beating you up about going to a doctor!

#32 ·
She had shots in the bad knee, the doc told her to come back if that didn't help but she hasn't. Her balance is bad and she doesn't pick her feet up much while walking. Sometimes I think she would trip on a sheet of paper.

#25 ·
Yep, boxed it up Saturday night and taking it to the post office this morning.

#26 ·
Been using the Postal Service more and more, I found it to be cheaper than UPS/FEDX, and offers the same service!

#27 ·
Including free busted open boxes and missing parts because of it , and or busted up bent parts ... all free for the non asking LOL

#28 ·
looking forward to getting this lift on. Hoping I can pass the bucket test:D

when I searched for a price to offer I notice the lift was down to around 80+some change on amazon.

Shipping is always the killer for me.

#33 ·
I think my shipping was reasonable ;)

Hope it works out good for you, I didn't even have it on for a year. I think I bought it around the first of June last year, had it out in the mud one time with the lift on. My son-in-law wanted to lift it more and put on snorkels, I guess I need to buy another machine one for the wife to cruise the streets and one for me to play with.

#30 ·
I've always had good luck shipping stuff via USPS. And, I would say most of the little stuff I get on Ebay gets shipped the same way. Never had a problem.

#31 ·
Hope it arrives alright, I put all the bolts, nuts, washers, etc in one zip lock bag, all the brackets in another, and the instructions in another. Also taped the ends of the box.

#34 ·
Got the lift today. Thanks! Mike

Will try to get it on this weekend. Anything special to know about getting this on?

Anyone run this lift with a plow?

Not that I needed the plow this yr. Worst winter ever up in here in Alaska.

#37 ·
Seems to be a popular modification with Prowlers. Have not heard any negative comments.

#39 ·
Found a little problem with my EPI 2" lift kit today while I was looking for a clunk in my steering. Both bolts on both sides are rubbing on my tires when turning tight.
Also, my CV joints were clicking on tight turns, because of the extra angle on the cv shafts. I had spring tension set to firmest for plowing. I set them to the softest position today, and it lowered it by about an inch and eliminated the cv joint rattle on tight turns. So I guess I may go ahead and buy some spacers for the front to get rid of the rub. Or might take it out and sell it, too. Keep ya posted!

Attachments

#42 ·
I have room to reverse the bolts in mine, too. Tomorrow's project. When I was trying to figure out the "popping noise" in mine, I noticed that the rack & pinion moves about up 1/2" when turning. They should have added an extra bolt in the back to stabilize it. Also, my steering shaft rubs on the frame before it goes into the firewall. WTH, some designer needs his butt kicked! I hope the new models are better engineered! I'm thinking about adding a SteerLite bushing kit. How much do they help and where is the best place to buy it?

#43 ·
RicktheRocket on the steerlite bushings,they are very good bushings,he is a member on the site........check your weld on your rack plate,I added a steering stabilizer to mine and it come with a bracket that sits on top of the factory one,it made it a lot stronger..........

#44 ·
I got my Steerlite from Rick, stopped all the squeaking in the front end I had from the rubber bushings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.