averted disaster yesterday - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

averted disaster yesterday

was doing a water change in our 220 gallon fish tank , got side tracked and during the refill over flowed it by about guessing 20 gallons ... got the wife hopping mad .. and had a hurry up major clean up .. damn good thing I have a wet dry shop vac. in about 2 hours had every thing back to semi normal and high volume air drying fan running.

got the cold shoulder for a couple hours too LOL OOOOPS
have to make sure I don't do that again . not to mention my back and hip muscles are screaming at me being bent over so long ... got leg cramps last night like crazy too .. so I'm paying for my error

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Ain't it funny how when we screw up we get the cold shoulder and attitude but when it's the wife we seem to just laugh most of the time and say everyone makes mistakes. Of course sometimes laughing at them pisses them off too!

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
was doing a water change in our 220 gallon fish tank , got side tracked and during the refill over flowed it by about guessing 20 gallons ... got the wife hopping mad .. and had a hurry up major clean up .. damn good thing I have a wet dry shop vac. in about 2 hours had every thing back to semi normal and high volume air drying fan running.

got the cold shoulder for a couple hours too LOL OOOOPS
have to make sure I don't do that again . not to mention my back and hip muscles are screaming at me being bent over so long ... got leg cramps last night like crazy too .. so I'm paying for my error
sounds just like something i would do............

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

I run a 55 gallon sump tank for the filtering [a custom filter set up that works great] .. and keep it at a level about half way full with an 1800 gal. per hour water pump in it to take water back to the main tank ... well I didn't watch the re-fill process and was adding water through the top tank [the 220 gallon one] and through the spillway from top to bottom guess I over filled what the pump / spillway could handle in total gallons and walla a mess and semi disaster LOL

will see when wife gets up if all is forgiven , did laundry this am LOL maybe that will sweeten the pie

2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Did you get the T Shirt! Must be a man thing!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

I feel cheated , no T shirt ... just very cold shoulder LOL

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Administrator

We have that around here every now and then, she must just be a bad mood as I never do anything that upsets her! LOL

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:09 PM

Yesterday I was on the phone with the bank, they needed the wifes middle name to add her to my business account. I told the girl..."Its Marie" my wife looked at me with a pissed look and said "That's not my middle name!!!" I gave her the "oh crap-confused look" My wife got pissed at me because even though she was just messing with my brain, (It is Marie) I took it seriously and had to think about. CRAP!!! Then the chick asked me for her birthday! OH MY GOD!!! I thought I was dead! I rattled it off like a stream of bullets from an M-60, again she says "that's not my birthday".... Oh, Lord, just take me now!!!
Sorry to hear about the fishtank! Us guys just never win!

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and hardtop.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Administrator

It's learning how to make it work for us that is impossible!

Either - Dick or RD
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

soo Today ... oops number XXXXXX happens

Son calls and says Dad we're going out riding [grandkids 7 and 5 and Son on M/C's] and I haven't had the A/C out in a while so

well my trailer is so full of moving stuff we decided to try to load it in the bed of the truck [has a fuel tool tank in there and we we're going to go up on top with the front end ... well so now not only do I have a damaged stake pocket on my truck but I / we ruined a perfectly good tailgate ..... the cables that hold it both snapped and down went it gate .. nice crease down the middle from the bumper ..

so I told my Son truck 0 Son 2 ... the damaged stake pocket was his doing and he was driving the rig into the bed today

truck was in very good condition until he "helped" me twice now

Last edited by GTroyer; 01-28-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement