I had to ask him "are you kidding us" - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

I had to ask him "are you kidding us"

First off I would like to say that I have known some people who have put in for disability through social security and really deserved it .. and then there are some I questioned too..
But for some one to come out with a story for the whole table to hear ,, this takes the cake.
Of course this man is some what "windy" anyway so it didn't surprise me when it was him who told this bold story on himself that makes most peoples mouth drop wide open at the conclussion of why he filed and got disability insurance for life from the goverment.

I was at our local Senior hall having lunch and while sitting with 4 others at the round table a fellow beside me ask for the creamer from this person I am talking about . The fellow said he couldn't hand it across the table due to his shoulder had been seperated so many times that he just cannot do things like this anymore.
I was closer to the creamer than the person who ask for it so I reached over and got it and handed it to the man who ask for it.
Then some one ask if he had ever tried for disability and the man said ,Yes I have and got it over 20 years ago.. He later told us he now 62 years old..
Ok , I thought fare enough ,,thinking he must of been injured on the job or something and went on eating my sandwich and listening to others .
Then some one ask the man how he injured his shoulder and thats when this story is worth repeating and so here it is my friends ,,straight out of this mans mouth ..

He told us that he was working at a place where they extract lime rock out ot the mountains and his job was way up at the end of the converyer some mile from the plant..( This lime is used to make Portland Cement and other things for any one who wants to know) He said the company wouldnt give him extra money to walk about a 1/8 mile from where he parked his car to get to his work and back so he decided to get even with them by taking some thing worth what he thought the extra pay should be.

So, what he did is take a innertube unflated and rolled up in his dinner bucket and ever night he would hang around pretending to check everything out with the conveyers and until the other two men he worked with had gone. And would go to the gas tank and fill the innertube up with gasolene through a hole he cut in the tube ,,wired the tube shut and then sling it over his shoulder with what he said was about 10 gallons of gas and carry it to his car and dump it in his gas tank .

He said the gas would make the innertube stretch and bouncy the whole 1/8 mile and after many times of doing this and sperating his shoulder and being off work and under doctors care he filed for disibility .

Yes ,,I had to ask ,,are you kidding us? No! he said ,,they ask for it ,,they should of given me a little extra for the extra walk he did every day..
You just never know do ya ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Jounior Member

Only in America. and just think, Im stupid enough to try to work for a living.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Heres a story of what one guy at our table told

My neighbor moved in three years ago and he told me he doesnt work anymore. Being in his early 40's, I asked him why. He said he is on disability. He worked at a plant that made bumpers for cars, and his job was to remove the bumper from the line and place it on a shipping container.

He said that the company provided a hydralic lift for that purpose but he found it easier to just lift them himself. He is 6' 3 and 300 lbs. Well it took its toll, because he filed for disability and won! ??? How? So he moved in to a home that he couldnt afford just because he though he won some lottery that would pay him for the rest of his life. He gets disability pay from the company and then I would assume disability from Social Security. The guy goes nothing all day, except watch TV and goes fishing in the summertime. He doesnt limp or walk with a cane. Of course he cant lift bumpers anymore, he is just like you and me now, might have to use his brain to make a living and the stress of that is just too much.

Some people just know how to play the system, something that my upbringing wont allow me to do. Same guy, three weeks ago, I am snowblowing the drive way and the electric company comes out and goes to the back of the house and with a long pole, snips the back electrical wires that go to his house. Neighbors, as I, were shocked to see something like that happen in a subdivision like ours. Hes got no power to the house.
Within a couple of hours, the electric company is back and reconnecting the wires. He later tells me that he had a disconnect notice and that is why the cutting of the wires. Calls the electric company and asks if they have a program for disabled people and they pay his 625.00 bill from the their Heat and Warmth fund, by telling them he has a 9 year old girl in the home. (which he does). It just never ends! This all happened the day after Dish Networks was out and installed a new HD dish on his roof! You just cant make stuff like this up.
We all pay for bums like this.

Last edited by PROWLER GOPAPA; 01-28-2011 at 09:13 AM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Rides all the time

The system is messed up.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Loyal Member

I think it is more like the people are messed up. You guys can correct me if I am wrong but there is something about turning 40 and working for a living. You just are a little stiff and sore sometimes. You just gotta suck it up and keep holding up your end of the country. Like the saying goes " Work harder millions on welfare are depending on you".

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 10:28 PM

I think its getting like monkey see monkey do and no one that has the power to do something about it has the balls to do it. ( look how obama got in )I quit school when I was 16 and went to work. Got a job with the state working at a prison when I was 20 and retired at age 50. Not rich by any means and still work at my oun bess because thats all I know. After I retired I tryed sitting at home but about went nuts. But you know what someone has to work WE ALL CAN'T BE ON WELFARE
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Jounior Member

Cut the wires? they just pull the meter out of the socket at my house! yuk yuk
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM

And we wonder why the SS and other govt programs are going broke. I see em every freakin day where i work and live. Most of em are drunk, pills, meth, or crack, take your pick, by 10:00am. And smoke a carton of cigerettes a week. I even heard some say they needed to have more kids so they could get extra money! Most of em hadn't even ever put money into the system! Pisses me off to no end!!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM

BTW, i also know several on "disability" that don't have nothin wrong with em. They just kept filing until they got it. Just making up stuff. I just don't see how they live with themselves. My upbringing doesnt allow this crap. I was raised better.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned

There are alot of soldiers gettin VA disability and deserve it even though you cant tell anything is wrong with them.. If you saw and went through some of the shit I did you would need meds to get by every day with out taking it out on somebody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement