Wild Fires In Arizona - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Wild Fires In Arizona

Are any of our members in the areas on fire ? 365 square miles is a lot of acres on fire in one state.. I read that you could see the smoke all the way from Iowa..

Heres hoping that it burns out soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Founding Member

Not near the fires, but we are in direct line of the smoke. For the past week, we've had orange mornings, haze filled skies and some days, you can smell the smoke pretty bad.

Yesterday, I couldn't see the bluffs a couple miles away because of the smoke...hope they get it under control soon...

When AZ started enforcing their borders, all the illegal aliens came to NM, now they are sending their smoke here too....

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Loyal Member

Ya Know I was born and raised here. I can't believe how many serious fires we have had in the last 15-20 years. I mean when I was groing up we never had fires that were human caused like we have in the last 10-12 years. Seems like they just get worse and worse. It won't be too long and you won't ever be able to have a fire in any forest in Az. They already usually have fire restrictions that start right before memorial day every year. But I am not worried. If the government is involved with the fire fighting it should turn out as good as our budget.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Loyal Member

LOL and thats what the laws were designed to do. Have them go somewhere that they are welcome. NEW mexico. I guess they want a NEW start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
Not near the fires, but we are in direct line of the smoke. For the past week, we've had orange mornings, haze filled skies and some days, you can smell the smoke pretty bad.

Yesterday, I couldn't see the bluffs a couple miles away because of the smoke...hope they get it under control soon...

When AZ started enforcing their borders, all the illegal aliens came to NM, now they are sending their smoke here too....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
LOL and thats what the laws were designed to do. Have them go somewhere that they are welcome. NEW mexico. I guess they want a NEW start.

Now thats funny!

It's way to cold here, and they would have to cross 2 more boarders.

No worries here

We too are having lots more forest fires in the last 10 to 15 years.
Not man made all mother nature, this stuff goes in cycles.
Burn all the old and dead so new can start.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Founding Member

Man has had much interaction with the forests for decades in AZ, Colorado, NM and even Alaska. Most of the current fires are lightening started (yes, some remain man caused though), but the difference is, environmental laws now protect the forests, there is much less logging going on and therefore, more timber and the associated undergrowth building up. Forest fires are mother nature's way of cleaning that out. The damn eco-nazis are trying to protect the wilderness so adamantly, they are by indirect effect, the cause of the increase in wildfires.

Oh, Chris, I like AZ's laws, on my facebook page, I'm one of the big supporters of Gov Jan Brewer's stand on that. But now we have our own female gov that has bigger huevos than our past govs... she is vowing to chase out the illegals and build up the border too, now if we could only get rid of the liberal senators and few congressmen we have...(too many welfare voters in our state though..)...

Maybe I'll just move to AZ after my kids graduate...(used to live in Tempe before anyway)...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Man has had much interaction with the forests for decades in AZ, Colorado, NM and even Alaska. Most of the current fires are lightening started (yes, some remain man caused though), but the difference is, environmental laws now protect the forests, there is much less logging going on and therefore, more timber and the associated undergrowth building up. Forest fires are mother nature's way of cleaning that out. The damn eco-nazis are trying to protect the wilderness so adamantly, they are by indirect effect, the cause of the increase in wildfires.

Oh, Chris, I like AZ's laws, on my facebook page, I'm one of the big supporters of Gov Jan Brewer's stand on that. But now we have our own female gov that has bigger huevos than our past govs... she is vowing to chase out the illegals and build up the border too, now if we could only get rid of the liberal senators and few congressmen we have...(too many welfare voters in our state though..)...

Maybe I'll just move to AZ after my kids graduate...(used to live in Tempe before anyway)...
Darryl

Come on out now why wait till the kids graduate. I will sell you my house for $300,000 more than it's worth right now don't miss this opportunity. LMAO

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
Darryl

Come on out now why wait till the kids graduate. I will sell you my house for $300,000 more than it's worth right now don't miss this opportunity. LMAO

I have several off-roading buddies from here that are buying up houses in the Phoenix Valley right now, fixing them up and renting them till the economy improves...my sister just moved from Chandler to Scottsdale, she took a beating when she sold her house in Chandler.

Yeah, my daughter would love for me to move there, she would say sayonara to her mom in a heartbeat. But my youngest son would be pretty torn.
Anyone know of any good sales jobs in the valley (or anything affiliated with racing).
Myself, I'd do it in a minute. Business here is at the point that I think sometimes, I'd be better off to sell out and get out....

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Loyal Member

Oh it's gonna burn. Especially with no one being able thin it out. I would pay a lot of money to be able to kick a greeny hard square right in the nuts. I mean a real hardcore one.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
I have several off-roading buddies from here that are buying up houses in the Phoenix Valley right now, fixing them up and renting them till the economy improves...my sister just moved from Chandler to Scottsdale, she took a beating when she sold her house in Chandler.

Yeah, my daughter would love for me to move there, she would say sayonara to her mom in a heartbeat. But my youngest son would be pretty torn.
Anyone know of any good sales jobs in the valley (or anything affiliated with racing).
Myself, I'd do it in a minute. Business here is at the point that I think sometimes, I'd be better off to sell out and get out....
I would like to see you as a dealer here or maybe open a performance UTV race shop in town. You have a lot of supporters here in AZ. let us know how we can help.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement