Holy Crap - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Holy Crap

All I have to say is wow,,,,well it all started off with a crazy week last week trying to get everything done to go to glamis... I was pretty excited about getting to run the Arctic Cat 1000 in the sand and see what it was all about and all I have to say is oh hell ya ... With all the power It slides around great and tears up the hill..but I did have one problem and that was that the rear C.V. pulls out of the diff and creates a mess im guessing they will have some kinda recall on this problem because it seams to happen to everybody that drives them hard a few times.... well did I forget to mention that we were sitting up on the top of olds hill and my buddy in his stock 660 rhino could not make it up so after I let him try 5 times I was feeling bad for him so I pulled down the hill in the arctic cat 1000 and told him to try it 1 more time and I was driving up about 10 feet behind him about 2/3 of the way up the hill he was slowing down so I slowly rammed his tailgate and them put the hammer down in the cat and pushed his ass up the hill............ it was some funny shit .... so next off I got to meet all the guys from the booyaa crew and to my suprise what a bunch of great guys ..ya ya who am I going to fight with now online ... I also went on some killer dune rides with max powers leading us thru the dunes at night I was driving my teryx Following MaxPowers, Glamis Weather Tim, Chandler, and Lonestar Greg it was a 2 hour long night ride with the gas pedal smashed thru the floor 99% of the time ... I also bent a tie rod on the arctic cat and Ricky HAPA had a couple of spares and was nice enough to give me two of them no questions asked ...you da man hapa Thank YOU ..... ok so I also havnt mentioned it was my birthday yesterday so I had a killer suprise when I got home...My wife and kids contacted my buddy Gary From Crisp Custom Paint here in Phoenix and Gary Painted until 12 oclock every night to get the job done to suprise me ........ here is what I got

623-934-3070
Please understand we support many forums and cant keep up with Private messages or questions on the forum boards so
If you have a question Please Call the Retail Shop 623-934-3070
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Loyal Member

Thumbs up

Johnny

Happy Birthday
That mural of the AC 1000 is bad ass!

Sounds to me like the AC 1000 is going to be a great vehicle once all the bugs are sorted. I tried to warn you about the o-ring issue with the axles. There is no official recall yet but the dealers can get a kit form AC to fix it. You put 2 of the o-rings in the groove where the c-clip sits. The drawing shows 3 but AC says to use 2. It seems to fix the problem. Please post some more pics after you paint that cat. Keep on building some cool chit for the 1000 for us.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 08:45 AM

Awsome paint will look great,happy bday, and i will call me dealer and see whether ac is going to have a recall on axles.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Lifetime Member

Looks Cool Johnny, Happy b-day

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement