ALASKA-Questions - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

ALASKA-Questions

Who all is here from Alaska? I know some of you are and have some questions.
Anyone familar with the Tok, Alaska area? My girlfriend has some property up there which has a hunting lodge on it. She's looking at opening it backup in a few years and I was curious what anyone's opinon of the area is. I have been to Talkeetna and the area when I climbed Denali a few years back, but have no idea what the rest of Alaska is like... Is there plenty of UTVing up there...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Rides all the time

TOK is very rural it is on the border of Alaska and Canada.

The ALCAN highway runs through there lot's of tourist traffic.

There is some real good hunting there, Caribou and Moose are what most people from my area go up there for.

I am in North Pole, about 15miles from Fairbanks which is the 2nd largest city in Alaska. We have just under 100,000 here in the interior.

We are about 200miles from Tok

Should be lot's of area to run a UTV never got off the highway there myself though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Jounior Member

only drove through a few times headed down the alcan. Not much help just lots of country up there . Should not be any problem taking your rig around there, although thats kinda full size truck area. Your rig would fit right in. Be nice if I could take a trek up there..its only 6-7 hrs drive over alaskan roads which kinda makes for a long weekend. If you drag a rig 3000+ miles I will drive the 350+, and go for a ride.

Have only heard good things about hunting around Tok, so opening your lodge up might be a nice setup.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Rides all the time

I am down for a ride.

Let's do this!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

It'll be about 5 years before I'd be up there. My girl is going up this August to check on the lodge and property, finish up paperwork and such.

Not sure I would want to drag my race car 3000miles up there, probably leave it down here (we'll keep a house here). But I may have to build up a rig for up there...
As for trucks... I've been eyeing the big tire rigs that the Icelanders build for running offroad and like their setups...

Now if I can just get my mind wrapped around those -65 to -35 winter days I'm hearing about... I've spent 3 days at 17000ft on Denali in -65 weather and didn't really care for it by the time the storm subsided... what the hell does a person do during those long winter spells....

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Think I found my new Alaska rig....

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Founding Member

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
It'll be about 5 years before I'd be up there. My girl is going up this August to check on the lodge and property, finish up paperwork and such.

Not sure I would want to drag my race car 3000miles up there, probably leave it down here (we'll keep a house here). But I may have to build up a rig for up there...
As for trucks... I've been eyeing the big tire rigs that the Icelanders build for running offroad and like their setups...

Now if I can just get my mind wrapped around those -65 to -35 winter days I'm hearing about... I've spent 3 days at 17000ft on Denali in -65 weather and didn't really care for it by the time the storm subsided... what the hell does a person do during those long winter spells....

We pimp our sh!t all winter.
And tear it up all summer.
Just 2 months of butt @ss cold the rest is bearable.

And in the summer the sun stay's up all night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement