2012 Review - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

2012 Review

What did you do with your Prowler this pas year. Trips, rides fun or not so fun things.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Loyal Member

Walked past it in the garage every day and said I am going to get you finished one of these days!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Rides all the time

I had a couple of great rides this year. One was a fast paced excursion from San Juan airport to Marana. 165 miles each way and an overnight trip, 330 miles total. It was a great ride. We went with 20 motorcycles. 4 of which were test bikes for a magazine review. At mile 23 my brakes got hot and I had to stop and let them cool. Mile 65 I broke my left front coil spring. The great thing that made this ride fun, was about every 50 miles, the ride coordinators had pit stops set up for refueling and resting. They were operated by some of the wives. They offered great food and even wash clothes to clean yourself off. I drove on my broke spring for almost 20 miles to the pit. Loaded it up on a trailer and rode with my buddy for the remainder of the trip in his HDX. My last ride to Crown King was a great ride, except for my back pack falling out of the car on the trail with brand new sunglasses, gloves, 3 pairs of goggles, Glock Magazine filled with .40 S&W, and other fun items. The weather was nice, but a lot of dust. Then yesterday, I sold the Prowler to a gentleman from Nebraska.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM
de3
Loyal Member

had a couple of good rides didnt break anything. pulling out a new T-rex with 23 miles on it was sweet.june back surgery not much riding but still managed to spend money on prowler.watch out 2013 Iam ready to ride...........

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Loyal Member

I helped my buddy Seth put a new engine in my Prowler

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

2012 was 6 months of great family fun filled with great rides. Our trips ranged from sand dunes, desert and mountains. In June I made a decision to sell my 2006 650 Prowler in search for a factory 4 seater for my growing family. We are still looking and waiting for the right machine for us.

Anytime Joe

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanggeek View Post
I had a couple of great rides this year. One was a fast paced excursion from San Juan airport to Marana. 165 miles each way and an overnight trip, 330 miles total. It was a great ride. We went with 20 motorcycles. 4 of which were test bikes for a magazine review. At mile 23 my brakes got hot and I had to stop and let them cool. Mile 65 I broke my left front coil spring. The great thing that made this ride fun, was about every 50 miles, the ride coordinators had pit stops set up for refueling and resting. They were operated by some of the wives. They offered great food and even wash clothes to clean yourself off. I drove on my broke spring for almost 20 miles to the pit. Loaded it up on a trailer and rode with my buddy for the remainder of the trip in his HDX. My last ride to Crown King was a great ride, except for my back pack falling out of the car on the trail with brand new sunglasses, gloves, 3 pairs of goggles, Glock Magazine filled with .40 S&W, and other fun items. The weather was nice, but a lot of dust. Then yesterday, I sold the Prowler to a gentleman from Nebraska.
...are you makin' anew purchase?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Loyal Member

did some great fun rides, several long extended ones with several other SxS's , also did some event type rides like Hells Canyon ..

we have had a ball this past summer , looking forward to next summer with fresh knees so I can get around better after I get out of the rig and explore some of the back country area's we're in.

got a new custom built trailer , a very cool one that a bunch of my diesel buddies surprised me with as a gift .. so can haul my rig without using my G/N trailer [looked like a peanut on a elephants back] LOL buy hey I already owned it , and it didn't bother me to haul a 10" rig on a 30' trailer .. but must say this new custom built one is a real trick trailer !!

my friends and I are planning on some extended rides again this summer .. maybe over in Montana and for sure Hells Canyon again. some camping outings also into boondocks Idaho.

I have 5K miles in three summers use on this rig so we do get out a bunch.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Rides all the time

Completely rebuilt my motor due to broken bevels and cracked case. Installed the new style bevels. Rebuilt the front differential to fix a seal leak and to have the spider gear pin welded in better. Installed rear wheel disc brakes because I was tired of the driveline brake making my motor sound like it was going to explode.

After all of that I finally got to take the Prowler out on my elk hunt. Did more tinkering than riding this year. So hoping to do a lot of riding in 2013...

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 06:18 AM

Went on a great ride at Wilderness Trail off road park in Eastern Kentucky.. For mods.. 2in Highlifter Lift, Aftermarket Roll Cage, Papa-Slap Clutch, full snorkels, Superwinch install, custom roof, installed oil-temp-volt gauges, marine stereo with 4 speakers, half windshield, AMR monster coil, RickTheRocket's bushings all around, and trail armor doors... Wow I've spent a crap load on this thing to only go on one ride! I think this year I'm going to back off some on the mods and try to enjoy it a little!

P.S. Almost all of this was done using advise that you guys have given me here! I just want to say you are a great group and Thank-you to each of you for the help this past year! Looking forward to an interesting and hopefully less expensive 2013!

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around