Where did you take your Prowler today - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Where did you take your Prowler today

Like the title says! Where did you take your Prowler today guys. Tell us about your rides

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
No place exciting, went south of town to my in-laws to help with their meds, then to the firehouse to fix one of the truck bay heaters, finished up at the car wash. If I can't make it off road to play there's always on road.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
No place exciting, went south of town to my in-laws to help with their meds, then to the firehouse to fix one of the truck bay heaters, finished up at the car wash. If I can't make it off road to play there's always on road.
...wish the state would allow us to "ride" on the road. Are you required to have liability insurance on the vehicle in Missouri?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Yes we have to have insurance, mine is $106 per year through Progressive for full coverage and a $15 permit from the City after the P.D. inspects the vehicle (my nephew is a cop guess who does mine)

Here's what the State of Missouri has on it's DMV site:
Cities/counties are allowed to issue special permits for utility vehicles to be used on county roads within the county or on highways within the city to licensed drivers for a fee of $15. The fee is to be kept by such city/county.

The city requires drivers to be 18 and have a valid licence, here's the main requirements there are a few more details. If you want full details here's a link to the document it starts at section 15-97 http://www.lexingtonmo.com/Documents/CO15.pdf

E. Every all-terrain and utility vehicle operated on a street or highway within
the City shall have the following equipment:
1. A bicycle safety flag, which extends not less than seven (7) feet above the
ground, attached to the rear of the vehicle. The bicycle safety flag shall be
triangular in shape with an area of not less than thirty (30) square inches
and shall be dayglow in color;
2. A lighted headlamp and tail lamp which shall be in operation at any time in
which an all-terrain or utility vehicle is being operated on any street or
highway;
3. A braking system maintained in good operating condition; and
4. An adequate muffler system in good working condition and a United States
Forest Service qualified spark arrester. (Ord. No. 2008-24 2, 9-9-08;
Ord. No. 2008-24A 1, 3, 10-14-08)

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Think I forgot to say this is only good for streets within the city limits. Although if you throw a feed bucket in the back and a safety triangle you could say I'm heading to the farm and get by on some county gravel roads.

Missouri Mike
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
de3
Loyal Member

here in wva,we can ride on any road that dont have center lines,with or without insurance. going to take the prowler out today.back feels preety good today.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
here in wva,we can ride on any road that dont have center lines,with or without insurance.
That would not be to bad.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Loyal Member

well we're more refined in I DE HO ... lol
we can ride all over with a licensed rig [SxS] and a few requirements ... stop light, mirror ect ect [can use hand signals in place of turn indicators still] .. we're supposed to have DOT tires but they don't say anything so far about that ... we just can't use freeways even though mine will do that speed

sorry to say my rig is parked at my shop in CdA Idaho and I'm in Reno/Sparks for the winter doing new knees and what fun that is... NOT [two blood clots later, re-admittance to hospital ect. on first knee] but hey we'll be back in late spring.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
well we're more refined in I DE HO ... lol
we can ride all over with a licensed rig [SxS] and a few requirements ... stop light, mirror ect ect [can use hand signals in place of turn indicators still] .. we're supposed to have DOT tires but they don't say anything so far about that ... we just can't use freeways even though mine will do that speed

sorry to say my rig is parked at my shop in CdA Idaho and I'm in Reno/Sparks for the winter doing new knees and what fun that is... NOT [two blood clots later, re-admittance to hospital ect. on first knee] but hey we'll be back in late spring.
...be sure to take care of those clots and when you have, the Dr's probably will want you on blood thinners or at least a baby aspirin (81 mg) a day. I am and did not have any clots or knee surgery. Cardiologist put me on them. I now bleed like a stuck hog and when I bump something, bruise. Hate it but don't want any clots.
Why are you a Ho (" I DE HO")?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement