2012 Polaris Ranger Crew Overheating Issues. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Other UTV Discussions Discuss other UTVs here.
ie, Kwasaki Teryx, Yamaha Rhino, Polaris Ranger, Polaris RZR, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cClark06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St. Clairsville, Ohio
Posts: 404
 
2012 Polaris Ranger Crew Overheating Issues.

Anyone have any knowledge on 800 crews running fine until they are shut off then have a temp spike and not start afterwards? We have done many tested many theories and can't figure it out.

We have replaced ect sensor, ecu, wiring harness, thermostat, and even run it with out the thermostat and there is no change in the buggy.

We have installed a 2nd fan underneath the back seat and worked into the factory fan and also installed a override switch. So the fan will work normal but we can also turn them on do dissipate the radiant heat much quicker.

We have found countless amounts of ppl having this issue. 1 person took his kids out for a spin and was 6 miles from his house and had his kids with him and the seat burn out of it.

Another was on a hunting trip and was on his way back to his cabin with his dogs and the seat actually burnt out of it.

It has been to 3 diff dealers for a total of 7 different times. And they claim they can't duplicate the problem, so there is nothing wrong with it. Polaris has sent the same letter to us that other ppl have gotten. Stating that they no nothing about the buggy no wanting to start after it is shut off from running.

Our crew is still under warranty and polaris corp said you paid it off its your baby...

Any one have any info on this issue?

Engine Ice is our next step...
cClark06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Loyal Member
 
GTroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Reno/Sparks ,Nv.
Posts: 3,277
 
seems like class action material to me ..if in fact there are many that have been affected

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
GTroyer is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cClark06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St. Clairsville, Ohio
Posts: 404
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
seems like class action material to me ..if in fact there are many that have been affected
Many have been affected from what we have seen, we even tried to get a lemon law layer and that turned out to be a joke cause he was working for polaris too!
cClark06 is offline  
 
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 08:01 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cClark06 View Post
Anyone have any knowledge on 800 crews running fine until they are shut off then have a temp spike and not start afterwards? We have done many tested many theories and can't figure it out.

We have replaced ect sensor, ecu, wiring harness, thermostat, and even run it with out the thermostat and there is no change in the buggy.

We have installed a 2nd fan underneath the back seat and worked into the factory fan and also installed a override switch. So the fan will work normal but we can also turn them on do dissipate the radiant heat much quicker.

We have found countless amounts of ppl having this issue. 1 person took his kids out for a spin and was 6 miles from his house and had his kids with him and the seat burn out of it.

Another was on a hunting trip and was on his way back to his cabin with his dogs and the seat actually burnt out of it.

It has been to 3 diff dealers for a total of 7 different times. And they claim they can't duplicate the problem, so there is nothing wrong with it. Polaris has sent the same letter to us that other ppl have gotten. Stating that they no nothing about the buggy no wanting to start after it is shut off from running.

Our crew is still under warranty and polaris corp said you paid it off its your baby...

Any one have any info on this issue?

Engine Ice is our next step...
Sorry about your problems,engine Ice does run cooler,I use it mine it will run up to about 185 then the fan will kick on and temp will drop back to 155.I don't think it will fix your problem.Paid off or not I would think the warranty would still be good.I think I would drive it through there show room window.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cClark06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St. Clairsville, Ohio
Posts: 404
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
Sorry about your problems,engine Ice does run cooler,I use it mine it will run up to about 185 then the fan will kick on and temp will drop back to 155.I don't think it will fix your problem.Paid off or not I would think the warranty would still be good.I think I would drive it through there show room window.
Do or did you have a crew when you ran it or are you talking about your cat?
I am assuming that your talking about your cat cause polaris units run hotter than that.

2013 Arctic Cat Xtz 1000 - Glass Windshield, Wiper Kit, Roof, Radio, Winch, V Bag, And Yutrax No Drill Rumble Seat
2007 Suzuki Sv1000s - Stock Vigor Blue Metallic
1999 Honda 300 4x4 - Wiseco Bbk, H/L Clutch Kit, Gearless Locker, Disc Brake Conversion, Lift Kit, and 18" Snorkel, Sitting on 28" Itp 589s With C Series Wheels

Name - Chaz
cClark06 is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 11:08 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cClark06 View Post
Do or did you have a crew when you ran it or are you talking about your cat?
I am assuming that your talking about your cat cause polaris units run hotter than that.
Yea I am talking about my cat,I believe the rzrs run around 205 to 215 degrees.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Lifetime Member
 
mlh1962's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lexington, Missouri
Posts: 3,612
 
Garage
Got a friend that has a 2012 6 seater Crew and the only problems he's had is getting the front air intake wet, says he's going to snorkel it sometime. He also has the same dust problem our older Cats have.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
mlh1962 is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Junior Member
 
wirenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: east tn.
Posts: 22
 
does it start after it cools down awhile, I know lot of people have problems with heat and seats melting or so hot you cant set in it, seems like it the fuel rail on some was so hot after it was stopped that the fuel vaporised and wouldn't run till cool Have you been on the polaris forum lots of people with this problem, Thats where i would look lots of info.
wirenut is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cClark06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St. Clairsville, Ohio
Posts: 404
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut View Post
does it start after it cools down awhile, I know lot of people have problems with heat and seats melting or so hot you cant set in it, seems like it the fuel rail on some was so hot after it was stopped that the fuel vaporised and wouldn't run till cool Have you been on the polaris forum lots of people with this problem, Thats where i would look lots of info.

I was talking about the lawsuit that my parents were in the process of with a lemon law lawyer and I was banned. Sight moderator worked for polaris... Go figure. It will start and run after it cools down to about 186 degrees.

2013 Arctic Cat Xtz 1000 - Glass Windshield, Wiper Kit, Roof, Radio, Winch, V Bag, And Yutrax No Drill Rumble Seat
2007 Suzuki Sv1000s - Stock Vigor Blue Metallic
1999 Honda 300 4x4 - Wiseco Bbk, H/L Clutch Kit, Gearless Locker, Disc Brake Conversion, Lift Kit, and 18" Snorkel, Sitting on 28" Itp 589s With C Series Wheels

Name - Chaz
cClark06 is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 06:36 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cClark06 View Post
I was talking about the lawsuit that my parents were in the process of with a lemon law lawyer and I was banned. Sight moderator worked for polaris... Go figure. It will start and run after it cools down to about 186 degrees.
The site moderator should have helped you out,If he works for polaris.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72