so flat bed now mounted ..... - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Prowler Projects Forum Working on a new Prowler project? Post up your worklog here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

so flat bed now mounted .....

well on my last trip to Coeur d'Alene I had my flatbed mounted on my Dually .. had some repairs done to it [bought it used 2 years ago] previous owner let trash/dirt build between his fuel tank and the headache rack and it rotted out the rack flat plate material and also found the some of the main structure was badly rotted out ... cut n ground all the bad stuff out and replaced with heavy duty material and tubing [square framing tubing was replaced with thick wall material] .. also some for the window slats were used for tie down or pulling something and bent so those too were repaired . Then the hitch wasn't up to my standards so that too was cut out and rebuilt with extra heavy duty square thick wall tubing , welder says it's good to go for ANYTHING I choose to put on the hitch be it a equipment trailer heavy loaded or whatever I want weight rating wise ..

Got a Andersen weight bearing hitch set up delivered to level out the truck then found out there were additional options for that so got a 2' ball as well as the 2 5/16 [easy change out] .. then found out at the local welders down home in Reno area that they also make a extended stinger and ordered that also ... the flat bed is square at the rear v/s angle cut which takes away the tight turn radius with pull trailers [no issue on my G/N ] so it too made sense to get the extended stinger. what the heck it cost more up front but it gives so many more options.

Now have an appointment at the local guys place to have ramps [removable] made up so I can truck the Arctic Cat and pull the new trailer , again made sense as many states still do not allow double pulling even though my new trailer has provisions for a tag trailer behind it.

I'll do some pic's when this is all done.

bottom line is my truck is even more usable for my needs.

just need to make up some removable side boards now to contain things when hauling the A/C .. you know fuel , ride gear n such

heck it's only money right LOL .. bed install and repair $2K , weight bearing hitch $600 plus the additional options another $300 , ramps at local welders will be +/- $1500 .. [usually more than estimate lol]

going to tow the new rig to the Oregon Coast for the shake down run for a few days , then on down Hwy 101 to N. Calif where I have a bunch of family for a few day also .

while in Eureka take truck to a great Diesel shop and have new head gasket done [my head is O-Ringed and has studs to hold my boost levels I see with the twin turbo's] so more $$$. been leaking out the front corner for a lil while .. I lifted the head with near 100 lbs of boost and caused the gasket to start leaking after almost 10 years since the last time the head was off .. that's what happens when you "showing" a new pumped up Mustang that a 10,000 lb truck can blow you doors off more than once as he didn't believe me LOL .. Oh when will I ever learn

link to very neat weight bearing hitch below

http://www.andersenhitches.com/Catal...ion-hitch.aspx

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

Last edited by GTroyer; 02-21-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
There are times, quite a few actually, I wish I could just load the prowler on back of my truck and not have to mess with a trailer. I am considering buying this so I can still pull a trailer but I just can't get the wife interested in camping anymore.
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/rvs/4896803478.html

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

one of those and maybe a dish network or direct TV RV antenna's might get her out with you .. we'll have one for the times that we're in a RV stay or bad weather , but plan the A/C use a bunch with this set up ..

with three dogs right now we'll see RV time too .. one of our fur kids has Lymphoma and won't be with us much longer .. we usually have two fur kids but wife wanted to get this rescue one while available .. a lap dog with this one.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
one of those and maybe a dish network or direct TV RV antenna's might get her out with you .. we'll have one for the times that we're in a RV stay or bad weather , but plan the A/C use a bunch with this set up ..

with three dogs right now we'll see RV time too .. one of our fur kids has Lymphoma and won't be with us much longer .. we usually have two fur kids but wife wanted to get this rescue one while available .. a lap dog with this one.
Wife has a couple Westies one with a bad case of Malassezia Dermatitis we've been fighting for years, also a pup my daughter rescued from a former friend of hers which we've been keeping. That so called friend of hers left the pup in a cage full of fleas and feces most of the time and stole my daughter's credit card to boot. She picked the wrong family to mess with, she's going to do a little time in the County Jail. And the pup she's a happy camper now and likes the mud.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-01 13.44.17.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	28666   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-11 17.47.52.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	28674   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-28 17.35.20.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	28682  

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 03:04 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
There are times, quite a few actually, I wish I could just load the prowler on back of my truck and not have to mess with a trailer. I am considering buying this so I can still pull a trailer but I just can't get the wife interested in camping anymore.
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/rvs/4896803478.html
Thats nice...........

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement