Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

prowler doors

8K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Maximus4444 
#1 ·
Just getting started on the doors. I have removeable pin hinges to weld on door frame and got some door latches
not sure how I want the latches installed. Will try to temp install latch mechanism on prowler frame to check for interference. I plan to cover door with quarter inch ABS.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
may I be so bold as suggest nutserts v/s welding .. easy to remove/repair and remount mounted items ...thinking the wood your planning to use will need replacement it your in woods or big bolder country .. just one guys thoughts

nutsert kits are not much $$ on the web .. also care if drilling the frame as there are wires going up one of the tubes [sorry don't remember which CRS here]

#3 ·
Hi Gary thanks for the reply, bolting hinges is good idea. easy to replace when they get bent. The ABS is probably the same plastic used to form the body of the prowler, hope it will standup to the trail. mostly brush here in northern Michigan. still not sure where to mount the door latches. I looked at RD's door pictures and his second set look like he mounted the latch on the outside of buggy frame. ma be where I need to set them also. Have noticed that when I get out of seat I just turn and slide which may catch latch if I mount where RD had his first set. Thanks for headsup about wires in the frame . I'll have to look before drilling. may get more done this weekend will post more as I get it done.

Rich

#5 ·
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job, and thanks for sharing!

#7 ·
Looking good!!!

#8 ·
nice job on the doors

#10 ·
With a Prowler, the options for projects is limitless!

#12 ·
I put mine in the floorboard under the seat. Not a good spot when you need to remove the floorboard to replace the clutch. I should have made a mounting plate and put them in the open spot behind the seat, on the side where the seat belt mounting tab is. That would have been perfect!

Attachments

#13 ·
The side panel is a good choice. I added additional fuse panel in the storage tub in front so I put mine there. Semi protected from elements but is exposed to anything the tire throws up!

#15 ·
That would be a good location, no muss, no fuss!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.