alot of nice projects being done on here. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Prowler Projects Forum Working on a new Prowler project? Post up your worklog here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
de3
Loyal Member

Thumbs up alot of nice projects being done on here.

i give high fives to out west,for his 4-wheel disc brake conversion for a small price tag......................

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Loyal Member

I second that!

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Loyal Member

Thumbs up

Yep nice job X3!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM

same from me! makes me wanna start that as a winter project... nice work

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Rides all the time

Thanks guys. I just picked up the rest of my parts tonight and have it back together. Now I just need to get my son or my wife to help me bleed the rear brakes. So tomorrow I should be able to get it out on the road and see how it does.......

I tell you, if somebody is interested in doing the coversion just keep your eye out for deals on used parts. Just pick it up a little at a time. I was only considering the conversion, but then I found some Prowler 1000 knuckles on eBay and debated on it a few days. In the meantime I confirmed my new rotor was good by having a machine shop check it out. So maybe the mounting flange/input shaft isn't true. I got tired of throwing money at it in hoping to fix the brake chatter. So I saw the knuckles, negotiated a deal, and decided to jump on them. And so the conversion began. I was really happy with how the cost part of it worked out.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)

Last edited by out west; 10-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM

Same here! Awesome work! I've only been a member on here for a few months, but this one of the most innovative mods I've seen yet!

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryle_TN View Post
Same here! Awesome work! I've only been a member on here for a few months, but this one of the most innovative mods I've seen yet!
I wouldn't say innovative. All the 1000 Prowlers have rear wheel brakes (and I think some of the other newer models as well). I figure there must be a reason Arctic Cat switched to that setup (better braking, etc.). So it was just a matter of putting their new setup on the old.....

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM

4 wheel disc brakes? Sweet! I need to look for your thread on doing this mod. I'd love to do the same to my machine. Did this allow you to set up a different e-brake system as well? Cuz I have to say, I have yet to get my e-brake working right on my 09 XTX. I've done the whole pull out on the brake release while pumping the e brake and it did absolutely nothing. My father, who has an 07 650 H1, fabbed up a completely new e brake system with his. But I'd be really interested in going to a 4 wheel e brake set up.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavic19 View Post
4 wheel disc brakes? Sweet! I need to look for your thread on doing this mod. I'd love to do the same to my machine. Did this allow you to set up a different e-brake system as well? Cuz I have to say, I have yet to get my e-brake working right on my 09 XTX. I've done the whole pull out on the brake release while pumping the e brake and it did absolutely nothing. My father, who has an 07 650 H1, fabbed up a completely new e brake system with his. But I'd be really interested in going to a 4 wheel e brake set up.
Here is the link to my thread. I'll help you in any way I can if you want to do the conversion. The e-brake is the only thing I haven't done yet. Right now it is completely pulled off of my machine. I think I was going to install a hydraulic brake park lock like the one I linked below. I'll probably have the people that made me my rear brake lines make me a set to do the park lock. Be curious to see what your father did to his. I'm always open to ideas.

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/ar...sc-brakes.html

Hydraulic Brake Park Lock. This Is A Manual Push Button Hydraulic Lock Using The Line Pressure To Hold The Brakes Locked In Place, For Drag Cars, Offroad Sandrail And Dune buggy - Dune Buggy Parts, Sandrail Parts, VW Parts - MooreParts.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement