Textron to Buy Arctic Cat for $247 Million - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
ProwlerTalk.net Announcements Annoucements pertaining to ProwlerTalk.net will be posted in here.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Textron to Buy Arctic Cat for $247 Million

Textron aims to grow Arctic Cat brand

Arctic Cat Inc. today announced that it has signed a definitive merger agreement under which Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) will acquire Arctic Cat in a cash transaction valued at approximately $247 million, plus the assumption of existing debt. Under the terms of the agreement, which was unanimously approved by the Arctic Cat board of directors, Textron, through a wholly owned subsidiary, will commence a tender offer to purchase all outstanding shares of Arctic Cat at $18.50 per share in cash, representing a 40.7 percent premium to the closing price of Arctic Cat’s common stock on January 20, 2017. Arctic Cat anticipates that tender offer materials will be provided to shareholders no later than February 7, 2017. The completion of the acquisition is subject to customary conditions and regulatory approvals.
“Arctic Cat’s board believes that Textron’s offer delivers compelling and immediate value to our shareholders,” said Christopher Metz, Arctic Cat’s president and chief executive officer. “This transaction presents increased opportunities for the business to leverage our combined scale, accelerate growth and enhance product innovation in ways that will benefit our customers, dealers and employees.” Textron is a multi-industry company with over $13 billion in annual revenues and approximately 35,000 employees.

To read the entire article, head here: Textron to Buy Arctic Cat for $247 Million - ATV.com
Retired1, de3 and Fairmont79 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:17 AM

Textron is the owner of Bad Boy buggies (they produce the Stampede UTV) and also EZ-GO. It will be interesting to see how they work out the dealer networks and product overlap.

'13 HDX 700 - Warn 3000 lb winch, AC low windshield, AC full vented windshield, AC two piece roof, AC VCX rear panel, AC Quick Connect 72" Plow
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Textron is the owner of Bad Boy buggies (they produce the Stampede UTV) and also EZ-GO. It will be interesting to see how they work out the dealer networks and product overlap.
Interesting. They're pretty proud of those Bad Boy UTVs. Their hybrid version is intriguing, though.

Ron

2011 HDX 700 (sold) - CoolFlo windshield, brush guard, Warn winch, hard top, Clarion CD player, amp, Kicker speaker bar, AC rear view mirror, AC storage bag, auxiliary battery with crossover, GBC Grim Reapers.
2007 Suzuki Eiger
2017 CFMoto Zforce 800EX

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:29 AM

I made the 125 mile (one way) trip to see a Bad Boy in person at the Bass Pro Shop in OKC. I was surprised. I found it really uncomfortable. I did not like it. Maybe Textron needed a comfortable UTV to sell and that is the reason they bought Arctic Cat?
de3 likes this.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Hope it helps to expand the dealer network! I'm pretty lucky in Michigan I have a lot of dealers to pick, and chose from. I know a lot of the service people by name. My closet dealer is 20 miles away, and the farthest is 90 miles away. We frequent both areas about twice a month on other errands!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:07 PM
de3
Loyal Member

I'm hoping this is a good thing for A/C...I think this has a lot to do with the delays with the wildcat XX........

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Sure can't hurt them any! I think their sport UTV's are firm! They already did the research, and engineering on them and seems the results are very positive!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 02:58 PM

A little history. Remember back in the 80's when Textron bailed out Polaris, so to speak? From what I understand polaris was in trouble and recovered well enough over the next few years to buy back the stock and be self owned again.

2010 XTZ 1000..... HCR Suspension, 6" lift, King Racing Series Shocks, Summer's Brothers Racing Axles, Beard Seats, Tiger Tracks, A/C Hinged Windshield, Custom Light Bar by Butch, Custom 1/2 Doors by Butch. What's next ???
My friends call me Butch
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:33 AM

Polaris is dropping Victory motorcycles from their line up, to focus on the ATV/UTV and Slingshot markets. Polaris is doing great! I sure hope Textron can breath some new life into Arctic Cat. I like these things, but the aftermarket parts and accessories are drying up, fast!
catman2 likes this.

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and lights, lights and more lights!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:02 AM
Administrator

They make you revert to being a hot rodder! Nothing can stay stock!

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement