Textron Off Road Replacing Arctic Cat Name - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
ProwlerTalk.net Announcements Annoucements pertaining to ProwlerTalk.net will be posted in here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Textron Off Road Replacing Arctic Cat Name

Big changes for Arctic Cat brand

Like most of you, we were surprised by the announcement that Arctic Cat was acquired by Textron Motors over the winter. The news meant a much-needed infusion of funding for the Cat company, and a whole new level of market share for Textron. Good news for both companies. But what does it mean for the consumer? That news seems to be pretty good, too. Recently, Textron held a meeting of select dealers and press near Dallas, Texas, to let…

The Cat Out of the Bag

For the ATV and UTV side of life, The Arctic Cat brands are being folded into the Textron Off Road banner. This means that going forward, with new model introductions from here, Wildcats will now be Textron Off Road Wildcats. The same goes for Prowlers and Altera ATVs. This rebranding will take place over the next six-plus months.

To check the article, head here: Textron Off Road Replacing Arctic Cat Name - ATV.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Ordering some new stock parts for our older Prowlers is impossible, I hope this doesn't make them discontinue more of them. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
Ordering some new stock parts for our older Prowlers is impossible, I hope this doesn't make them discontinue more of them. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.
Yep, might be a good time to start looking.

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and lights, lights and more lights!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 05:27 AM
Administrator

Long time owners are faced with this issue! I made a choice to stick with my Prowler and collected parts to fix most components. Many newer parts will adapt to the older units. Aftermarket support for the square tube units is about Zip! I'm flat to old to consider switching, so it is what it is! Besides my wife would shoot me if I bought another toy!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Noticed our local family farm, and home store is now selling Odes 800 SXS's, not a bad looking machine, sure beats the Coleman units they had last year!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 10:10 PM

Garage
i do like that new rig in the pic. its about time they get doors. after reading the article i understand the reasoning for changing the dirt model names to textron, it just is going to be weird for a while.
i hope they keep the HDX lineup under the new badge name. its the only reason i got a side by side. i need to work more than i need to play but the HDX gave me both worlds with a sporty setup. the box size is just the perfect size for what i need to do.

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, Tusk TriloBite HD 8-Ply tires (27 inch), LED dome lights, Renegade Wicked Start RG30L-WS 600+ CCA Battery
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Be interesting to see what models they keep. They (Textron) have a recall on the offroad buggy regarding safety. Seatbelts, or lack of!

Either - Dick or RD
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 07:05 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_crazy View Post
i do like that new rig in the pic. its about time they get doors.
The one in the pic is their Stampede Bad Boy Buggy they came out with last year. It will be interesting to see if they just replace the Prowler lineup with it or redesign the Prowler. Arctic Cat was making the HDX for someone else who put their name on them, can't remember the brand now.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Nice looking rig! The engine makes 80+ HP, and can also make up to 130! I think Toro markets the HDX!

Either - Dick or RD
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 07:17 PM

Garage
i found a link that says it is getting rid of the arctic cat badge for the dirt vehicles but keeping the sub model names like prowler and wildcat. also i didnt realize but that rig at the top of the post comes with an extended cab! that would be awesome to have.

Textron Off Road to release Wildcat XX in spring 2018 | Powersports Business

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, Tusk TriloBite HD 8-Ply tires (27 inch), LED dome lights, Renegade Wicked Start RG30L-WS 600+ CCA Battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement