Tread Lightly! AZ Trail Clean Up in the Sonoran Desert Nat'l Monument (4/25/15) - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Southwest Region The Southwest Region includes the following States:

Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
ProwlerTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 474
 
Tread Lightly! AZ Trail Clean Up in the Sonoran Desert Nat'l Monument (4/25/15)

Last month we partnered with Tread Lightly! on a project to clean up Table Mesa Recreation Area where 250 volunteers showed up, in the rain,
to pick up trash. Together we removed more than 10 tons of trash from the area! Click HERE to see more about our day cleaning up Table Mesa.

Tread Lightly! is back at it and is hosting another trail clean up day on Saturday, April 25th, 2015 in the Southwest Valley. This is another step
toward keeping our Arizona off-road recreation access open. Please share this info with your family and friends. The more people that help, the
more that can be done. See the information below for more details.





We need your help!

Join us for a stewardship event on the Sonoran Desert National Monument.

Every Volunteer Counts!

Please bring water, work gloves, hat, sunscreen, trash pinchers, buckets and wear long pants and sturdy shoes. 4WD and OHV vehicles are useful.

  • When: Saturday, April 25th, 2015

  • Time: 7:30am-12:00pm (Check-in starts at 7:30)

  • Where: Gas line/ Power line Road in the Sonoran Desert Nat'l Monument

  • RSVP: Sign up online at: http://tinyurl.com/sonorancleanup

  • Directions: The area is off of the Gasline/Powerline road that runs along the north side of the N. Maricopa Mountains and is the Northern boundary for the monument.

From Maricopa: (High Clearance vehicles only. Drive will take about 50 minutes to 1 hour from Maricopa to Project Site)

Take Hwy 238 (SR 347 and Smith-Enke/Route 238) west appx. 12.5 miles to Mobile Elementary School at 99th Ave. (between MP 31 and 30). Turn right on 99th Ave. at the school. Drive a short distance. FOLLOW THE ORANGE FLAGGING TO THE LEFT AT THE ROAD FORK; cross cattlegaurd. You are now on the Gasline/Powerline road (aka Komatke Rd). CONTINUE FOLLOWING THE FLAGGING. Continue northwest 5.7 miles along Gasline/Powerline road. Road narrows, cross cattleguard, continue straight on well-graded road 1.3 miles; road curves to right. Continue another 1.3 miles north on graded road (Bullard Ave.) and turn left back onto gasline/powerline road. Drive another 5.2 miles northwest along gasline/powerline road to Project Site/Sign-In Table.

From West Valley Area (Buckeye/Goodyear/Avondale): Drive will take about 30-40 minutes.

Eastbound I-10: Take I-10 East to Exit 123, Citrus Rd/Cotton Ln (West of Loop 303 Interchange.) Drive East on frontage road to Cotton Ln. Turn Right on Cotton Ln.
Westbound I-10: Take I-10 West to Exit 125, Sarival Ave/Cotton Ln (East of Loop 303.) Drive West onI-10 frontage road to Cotton Ln. Turn Left on Cotton Ln.
Once on Cotton Ln, drive South about 6.5 miles to Estrella Pkwy Roundabout. Turn Right on Estrella Pkwy Roundabout; stay on Estrella Pkwy and drive South appx. 3.5 miles to Willis Rd (4-Way Stop). Turn Right on Willis Rd, drive West 1.5 miles to Rainbow Valley Rd. Turn Left on Rainbow Valley Rd and drive South appx. 7 miles. Rainbow Valley Rd ends. FOLLOW ORANGE FLAGGING, and drive the far right two-track dirt road South about mile to the Gasline/ Powerline road and Project Site/Sign-In Table.


Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 01:54 PM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Last month we partnered with Tread Lightly! on a project to clean up Table Mesa Recreation Area where 250 volunteers showed up, in the rain,
to pick up trash. Together we removed more than 10 tons of trash from the area! Click HERE to see more about our day cleaning up Table Mesa.

Tread Lightly! is back at it and is hosting another trail clean up day on Saturday, April 25th, 2015 in the Southwest Valley. This is another step
toward keeping our Arizona off-road recreation access open. Please share this info with your family and friends. The more people that help, the
more that can be done. See the information below for more details.





We need your help!

Join us for a stewardship event on the Sonoran Desert National Monument.

Every Volunteer Counts!

Please bring water, work gloves, hat, sunscreen, trash pinchers, buckets and wear long pants and sturdy shoes. 4WD and OHV vehicles are useful.

  • When: Saturday, April 25th, 2015

  • Time: 7:30am-12:00pm (Check-in starts at 7:30)

  • Where: Gas line/ Power line Road in the Sonoran Desert Nat'l Monument

  • RSVP: Sign up online at: http://tinyurl.com/sonorancleanup

  • Directions: The area is off of the Gasline/Powerline road that runs along the north side of the N. Maricopa Mountains and is the Northern boundary for the monument.

From Maricopa: (High Clearance vehicles only. Drive will take about 50 minutes to 1 hour from Maricopa to Project Site)

Take Hwy 238 (SR 347 and Smith-Enke/Route 238) west appx. 12.5 miles to Mobile Elementary School at 99th Ave. (between MP 31 and 30). Turn right on 99th Ave. at the school. Drive a short distance. FOLLOW THE ORANGE FLAGGING TO THE LEFT AT THE ROAD FORK; cross cattlegaurd. You are now on the Gasline/Powerline road (aka Komatke Rd). CONTINUE FOLLOWING THE FLAGGING. Continue northwest 5.7 miles along Gasline/Powerline road. Road narrows, cross cattleguard, continue straight on well-graded road 1.3 miles; road curves to right. Continue another 1.3 miles north on graded road (Bullard Ave.) and turn left back onto gasline/powerline road. Drive another 5.2 miles northwest along gasline/powerline road to Project Site/Sign-In Table.

From West Valley Area (Buckeye/Goodyear/Avondale): Drive will take about 30-40 minutes.

Eastbound I-10: Take I-10 East to Exit 123, Citrus Rd/Cotton Ln (West of Loop 303 Interchange.) Drive East on frontage road to Cotton Ln. Turn Right on Cotton Ln.
Westbound I-10: Take I-10 West to Exit 125, Sarival Ave/Cotton Ln (East of Loop 303.) Drive West onI-10 frontage road to Cotton Ln. Turn Left on Cotton Ln.
Once on Cotton Ln, drive South about 6.5 miles to Estrella Pkwy Roundabout. Turn Right on Estrella Pkwy Roundabout; stay on Estrella Pkwy and drive South appx. 3.5 miles to Willis Rd (4-Way Stop). Turn Right on Willis Rd, drive West 1.5 miles to Rainbow Valley Rd. Turn Left on Rainbow Valley Rd and drive South appx. 7 miles. Rainbow Valley Rd ends. FOLLOW ORANGE FLAGGING, and drive the far right two-track dirt road South about mile to the Gasline/ Powerline road and Project Site/Sign-In Table.

I wish they would do that where I live.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Loyal Member
 
GTroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Reno/Sparks ,Nv.
Posts: 3,277
 
so go to the local clubs and get on Blue Ribbon Coalition .. be active and set one up ... just takes a few good men to make it happen ..

no flame intended in my thoughts .. I'm sure most here do trail clean-up on every outing as my friends and I do and good on ya for that effort !!!!

I know Discount Tire is very active in promoting and involvement if these efforts ... heck bet you could get the local shops ... parts/service and tire type shops and local grocery stores to support ya with lunch donations and raffle items .. never know till ya try

I used to give service clubs donations all the time when I was still working [retired Costco Manager here]

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
GTroyer is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 06:56 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
so go to the local clubs and get on Blue Ribbon Coalition .. be active and set one up ... just takes a few good men to make it happen ..

no flame intended in my thoughts .. I'm sure most here do trail clean-up on every outing as my friends and I do and good on ya for that effort !!!!

I know Discount Tire is very active in promoting and involvement if these efforts ... heck bet you could get the local shops ... parts/service and tire type shops and local grocery stores to support ya with lunch donations and raffle items .. never know till ya try

I used to give service clubs donations all the time when I was still working [retired Costco Manager here]
we have a local group not too far from me,the trails consist's of a 15 miles course and they want 50 dollar's a year to ride on them,i bought a pass last year and its good for this year also.....we rode them last sept,not sure its worth the 50 dollars a year.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
ProwlerTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 474
 
A lot of great comments.

We do enjoy working with Tread Lightly! They do a lot of good work with the BLM to help keep trails open.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Last edited by Discount Tire; 04-22-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 05:29 PM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
A lot of geed comments.

We do enjoy working with Tread Lightly! They do a lot of good work with the BLM to help keep trails open.
How many miles of trails do you guys maintain........

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
ProwlerTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 474
 
We actually just partner up to help clean up trails when Tread Lightly! has a clean up. There is not a specific area we look after but are always willing to help out for a good cause.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 09:23 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
We actually just partner up to help clean up trails when Tread Lightly! has a clean up. There is not a specific area we look after but are always willing to help out for a good cause.
thats great you do that

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Fat Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: manitoba,canada
Posts: 561
 
nothing burns me more is to find garbage on the trail. you took it in with ya so just take it out with ya. It's not hard. even in the winter when were out sledding we find all kinds of blown belts laying on the trails. I don't get it there not going to disappear on there own.

Rob
Fat Cat is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
ProwlerTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 474
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
nothing burns me more is to find garbage on the trail. you took it in with ya so just take it out with ya. It's not hard. even in the winter when were out sledding we find all kinds of blown belts laying on the trails. I don't get it there not going to disappear on there own.
We could not agree more. It's a no brainier.

When we go camping it is the same thing especially when we had younger kids, everyone would have to go all around our camp arena and leave it cleaner than we found it before we could leave. It's a good lesson for the kids.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72