Dune Question - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Southwest Region The Southwest Region includes the following States:

Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Dune Question

Ok guys is it possible to ride from Gordon's to Glamis?
Is it all sand hwy?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Loyal Member

From a google search

We just did the Gordons to Glamis last week. Actually, it was a olgilby to gordons, to glamis. Just take the sand highway to gecko, over to the lookout, on to glamis. Great ride, but the kids got a little worked (pizza at glamis made up for it). Dont make the mistake of taking the boring, paddle chewing road back to olgilby that I did. Its flat, but it eats paddles and the rocks are a killer on the kids. have fun, welcome back

Yes, definately the "road" to Glamis from Gordons can still be done. Kinda boring though. You CANNOT, however ride into Mexico from the dunes....not sure if that was ever said. Algodones can still be a destination you just need to drive there instead.

Anyone interested in getting together for a day trip to Glamis from Gordons Well. We will be there New Years and would like to get a group ride and meet going for Saturday the 3rd. Lets meet up at the drags in the AM. We can cruise down to Patton for a bit then shoot sand highway to Gecko then vendors around lunch and on to Olds around 1Pm or so. Then back to Gordons in time for the drags or kick it around Glamis till drags start ? Nothing set in stone just an idea. We made this trip on Thanksgiving, minus the detour to patton and only used 4.5 gallons of gas. Had a great time and better than sitting around camp.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Loyal Member

Yes it is all sand hwy these days. You used to be able to ride next to the train tracks but they changed that a few years ago. And then a few years even further back you could dune all the way there. Now due to the dune closures no more dunning to glamis. That was the real deal to get to glamis and back. That was a all day adventure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
Ok guys is it possible to ride from Gordon's to Glamis?
Is it all sand hwy?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Loyal Member

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Loyal Member

And here is the closed area map

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Isdra_closures3.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1794  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
From a google search

We just did the Gordons to Glamis last week. Actually, it was a olgilby to gordons, to glamis. Just take the sand highway to gecko, over to the lookout, on to glamis. Great ride, but the kids got a little worked (pizza at glamis made up for it). Dont make the mistake of taking the boring, paddle chewing road back to olgilby that I did. Its flat, but it eats paddles and the rocks are a killer on the kids. have fun, welcome back

Yes, definately the "road" to Glamis from Gordons can still be done. Kinda boring though. You CANNOT, however ride into Mexico from the dunes....not sure if that was ever said. Algodones can still be a destination you just need to drive there instead.

Anyone interested in getting together for a day trip to Glamis from Gordons Well. We will be there New Years and would like to get a group ride and meet going for Saturday the 3rd. Lets meet up at the drags in the AM. We can cruise down to Patton for a bit then shoot sand highway to Gecko then vendors around lunch and on to Olds around 1Pm or so. Then back to Gordons in time for the drags or kick it around Glamis till drags start ? Nothing set in stone just an idea. We made this trip on Thanksgiving, minus the detour to patton and only used 4.5 gallons of gas. Had a great time and better than sitting around camp.
Thanks for the info Todd. At first I did not pay attention it was from a Google search and thought you really left the garage for a ride.
Just kiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
Yes it is all sand hwy these days. You used to be able to ride next to the train tracks but they changed that a few years ago. And then a few years even further back you could dune all the way there. Now due to the dune closures no more dunning to glamis. That was the real deal to get to glamis and back. That was a all day adventure.
Thanks for the maps Chris. Ok let me get this straight. Lets say your at the Sand drags at Dune Buggy Flats AKA Gordon's. After you just won the drag race against all other UTV's you keep heading north like your going to Patton's Valley/Hill. Instead of turning right to PV you keep going straight right? I have never done this so I think we will take a cruise to Glamis for some pizzza this coming trip.

Does the sand hwy stay smooth?
About how long will it take slow moving UTV's?
It takes you to the ranger station?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
Thanks for the info Todd. At first I did not pay attention it was from a Google search and thought you really left the garage for a ride.
Just kiding

Thanks for the maps Chris. Ok let me get this straight. Lets say your at the Sand drags at Dune Buggy Flats AKA Gordon's. After you just won the drag race against all other UTV's you keep heading north like your going to Patton's Valley/Hill. Instead of turning right to PV you keep going straight right? I have never done this so I think we will take a cruise to Glamis for some pizzza this coming trip.

Does the sand hwy stay smooth?
About how long will it take slow moving UTV's?
It takes you to the ranger station?

No my tires still have flat spots in them!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
No my tires still have flat spots in them!
OH MAN, kicking and spitting on a guy when hes down!

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes5091 View Post
OH MAN, kicking and spitting on a guy when hes down!
Joe

Don't make me pull out an old Ford joke on you!
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Loyal Member

Yea pretty smooth. Some woops but not too bad. Should take you an hour to get to the west side of Glamis. Or a little less. Depends how many times you have to stop and wait for Joe. Maybe 20-30 mins. more to pizza

Sponsored Links
Advertisement