Checking out the havoc - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Textron Havoc Textron Havoc Discussions

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Checking out the havoc

HavocXForum.com - The Largest Textron Havoc X Enthusiast Forum, Community And Owner's Club

Well I'm out and about and figured since I'm on my way to Minneapolis I would stop at country cat and check this thing out for myself. Guys at cat are very helpful and willing to answer any questions.
I gotta say that rig is very impressive. It is better in person than on computer.
The only bad I found was when I sat in it the pedals are way too close for me. Even with the seat all the way back. That's the same issue I had with the Honda 700 pioneer. The other was I didn't like the seat. It cups a little around the sides of your butt. Well my old ass is a little wide for it so it kinda feels like it's compressing the sides of me. That might disappear after a few rides tho. And last there isn't an option for a tilt out windshield that is glass. That one ranks pretty high. North Dakota is flat and the farmers hate trees so it blows alot. 20 to 40 mph winds are very common. It's hard to find a day at or under 20 mph. My current rig I leave the doors on all year and just pop the front window open if it starts getting warm.
I didn't have much time but country cat is going to set me up with a demo ride when I'm on my way home. That will most likely be the decider.
They did have a stampede there set up with the cab. I really liked it but I need the tip out glass with the wiper. Maybe in a year or two.
I will try remember my phone this time when I go in and snap some pics.

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, Tusk TriloBite HD 8-Ply tires (27 inch), LED dome lights, Renegade Wicked Start RG30L-WS 600+ CCA Battery

Last edited by admin; 05-18-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Pretty much how we ended up there! Just on vacation with no plan on where we were going! Very impressed with Country Cat, but it is kinda off the beaten track! Been looking at dealers around Mid Michigan and nobody has one on display yet!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 04:02 PM

I've been away awhile, but what is the connection between Arctic Cat and these Textron machines?

Ron

2011 HDX 700 (sold) - CoolFlo windshield, brush guard, Warn winch, hard top, Clarion CD player, amp, Kicker speaker bar, AC rear view mirror, AC storage bag, auxiliary battery with crossover, GBC Grim Reapers.
2007 Suzuki Eiger
2017 CFMoto Zforce 800EX

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 06:06 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockman View Post
I've been away awhile, but what is the connection between Arctic Cat and these Textron machines?
Textron bought Arctic Cat, they are one and the same now.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
Pretty much how we ended up there! Just on vacation with no plan on where we were going! Very impressed with Country Cat, but it is kinda off the beaten track! Been looking at dealers around Mid Michigan and nobody has one on display yet!
Same here in Iowa. I talked to a Textron Rep last week, she said that Bass Pro shops have the first dibs on getting them, because they are the biggest dealer and Textron's biggest customer. There again, if you have the cash, you get the stash!
Fairmont79 likes this.

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and hardtop.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
well i got back to country cat yesterday. i have to say, they are the best dealer i have worked with. very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. i walked away feeling really good about wanting to take the plunge into textron. i may have a new horse for the stable coming. but enough of that, onto my test ride.

i was lucky enough to make it back to country cat before they closed yesterday. as they were setting up the demo havoc i was checking out the floor model again. the more i looked at it, the more i wanted one. very impressive setup. i got into the demo machine and it was already running. the seat was the same as the floor model. it pinched the sides of my butt. the pedals were too close. it had a nice quiet rumble and it wasnt loud at all when driving under 10 mph. great for when im idling through the trees doing my hunting stuff. i took it out in the back to their track but there was nothing but deep snow to drive in. actually that was near perfect but i wish i could have hit some deep ruts to test the suspension more and also could have gotten it over 20 mph. the frozen dirt clods did give me some insight though. it absorbed them way better than i thought it would. it plowed through the deep snow like butter. the doors were just the perfect height to keep the wet snow from coming into the cab. i also noticed that the seat was no longer pinching my butt. it formed to it. that seat turned into the most comfortable utv seat i have sat in! i have to give it to textron. this machine had a lot of engineering done to it.

i did find a patch of gravel in the back to test. it turned sharp. felt comfortable all the way through the turn as well. power steering was smooth. when i gave it the gas, you felt the torque. it took off hard. it also has a very pedal friendly takeoff. i could take off on cement very gradually so i believe it would do very good for some of my rock crawling i do down in the coolie getting to my hunting stuff. i hate that throttle reaction where you cant finesse it over a rock or around a tight turn with an obstacle. this one is designed for both finesse and race. the pedals were pretty close to me (im 6 foot 2 inches) but not as bad as the honda pioneer 700. i dont know if that would bother me over a days ride but i suspect it will. i had the seat all the way back too.

i am worried some about the headlights. they are a solid unit that doesnt look to have replaceable parts and look expensive. i would opt for a bumper that protects them similar to the prowler brush guard. i could see a stick or a tree bump causing some damage but that might be just me.

i know there was alot of things i was looking into and didnt list here so if anyone has a question, let me know. i may have checked into it. if you have a chance to get to country cat, you got to do it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Ride.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	46225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor Model.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	46233  

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, Tusk TriloBite HD 8-Ply tires (27 inch), LED dome lights, Renegade Wicked Start RG30L-WS 600+ CCA Battery
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Loyal Member

was there room behind the seat in the most rearward position to re-mount it further back for you needs ?? being 6'7"and a svelte 330 lbs i fully understand the room issue lol

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
no there wasnt from what i could see but i was in a little too much of a hurry to dig deeper into this issue. i did ask if there were different seat options and there was not. they said they have heard this complaint from a few people before. i want to get back down there to look into this a little more. im sure there is a way to overcome it. maybe modifying the pedals and the seat some? i dont know for sure yet.
maybe this will end up being the first havoc mod???

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Stopped by Nelson's Speed Shop in Greenville, MI. They have a new Havoc on display! It is much better in real life! The suspension is heavy duty, Fox 2.5 shocks. The control arms look like something off a trophy truck! Fit and finish were excellent! This one was the basic Havoc, 4000 lb. winch, tax, title, and delivery 16,500.00 out the door! Also looked at the new Wildcats! Talk about getting some wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Stump426 likes this.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 02:41 PM

Garage
Made me laugh.....

2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ Desert Red, hard top, Kolpin split front windshield, rear lexan window, RzR S bucket seats, 28" Swamp Lite tires, MotoAlliance Denali 72" Plow

I go by Paxx but you can call me anything you want......just don't call me late for supper!!
If you can't be good.......Be good at it!!!

http://www.northernliteaerocraft.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement