My new 2015 Prowler hauler trailer - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Trucks, Trailers, Towing, and Hauling Discussions Trucks, trailers, towing, and hauling discussions.

6Likes
  • 1 Post By Retired1
  • 1 Post By Retired1
  • 2 Post By Retired1
  • 2 Post By PerryIrvin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

My new 2015 Prowler hauler trailer

I have decided to use my 16' 'trash' trailer (originally bought to shoot coyotes from while keeping myself safe from a pack attack) to haul my Prowler.

The basic trailer had 205/75-15 tires which I have replaced with 225/75-15 tires (with 2 spares). The base trailer did not have brakes. I have installed a new rear axle complete with Dexter electric brakes. The base trailer had minimum incandescent lighting. I have converted to LEDs adding extra lighting where I thought it will increase visibility.

Yesterday, I installed 6 3/8" "D" rings into the floor.

I still have to wire the lighting and brakes (converting the 4 wire harness to a 7 way harness).

With the barn door rear opening being 80-1/2" tall and 77" wide, I use my aluminum ramps and the Prowler slips right in without interference from the trailer door frame.

Here is a link to where I am at as of 03/31/2016:

Arctic Cat Trailer 2016 by Terry Fiene | Photobucket

Note #1: The interior dimensions are 83" tall to the bottom of the ceiling (80-1/2" at rear door opening) and 77" wide.
Note #2: Using this trailer vs. a flat bed trailer should prevent hail damage and keep folks from pilfering things or adjusting my lights etc. when parked away from home.
Note #3: As I get further along. I will add photos of the ramps and the Prowler being loaded and secured.
de3 likes this.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

Last edited by Retired1; 03-31-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 PM
Loyal Member

cool rig , you won't have to worry about things blowing out either

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 05:10 AM
Administrator

That is interesting!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Update - all done (so far): new rear axle, with electric brakes, extra long heavy duty safety chains, 7 wire harness, break-a-way switch, all LED lighting installed (and extra lights added), and complete replacement of the original, exposed, 4 wire, wiring. The wide aluminum chest is temporarily set in place. Its too wide. The smaller trapezoidal box is going to be installed instead.

Next is making the ramps stay in place during loading.
de3 likes this.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

Last edited by Retired1; 05-13-2016 at 11:04 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

DONE!!!!

Success!!!!!

I have to make some adjustments in future loadings. I need to remember to remove the rubber strap with the S hooks on each end, hanging down, centered above the rear doors, before loading. When it catches on the X bars on the ROPS, it becomes a missile when it snaps - OUCH. Then, I need to move the machine over another 1" to the right when loading, so I don't have to take my clothes off to squeeze between the expanded metal and the rear bed.

Fortunately, no neighbors drove by while I was doing this...

I first pulled it further forward than I wanted. Once I got out and looked at it, I got back inside and backed it up where it was more centered over the axles. I am happy with the results.

Here is a link to all it's photos:

Now its time for a shower and a bowl of ice cream...

PS: Chalk up another one to increase my post count. I toyed with the idea of putting one photo per post, but I decided that would not be appropriate...
de3 and Fairmont79 like this.

Terry

Last edited by Retired1; 07-07-2016 at 10:44 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Only rule here is to have fun! Thanks for sharing!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:52 AM

It is one of the best value packed, quality built travel trailer on the market today. Last year my neighbor too had bought a new prowler hauler trailer to store their lawn mower which was shipped by the We Will Transport It(wewilltransportit.com) services. Their new prowler hauler trailer was wide opened and built in ramp which makes all their storing, loading and unloading heavy mower with an ease.

Retired1 and Fairmont79 like this.

Last edited by PerryIrvin; 04-22-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement