Enclosed trailer Question. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Trucks, Trailers, Towing, and Hauling Discussions Trucks, trailers, towing, and hauling discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Enclosed trailer Question.

Hi guys Just a question i need answered.
I have 7 x 14 standard 6 ft roof enclosed trailer with ramp rear door. I have to pick up my new 2011 xtx prowler on friday and was wondering. What kind of a job it is to remove the roll cage from the prowler. The dealer says it just the front mounts and then the cage rolls forward. Is he right or should i Take some extra tools with me ??

thanks Pyeman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Loyal Member

You got a friend with a flat trailer you can use instead of going through all that?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
You got a friend with a flat trailer you can use instead of going through all that?
No that is the problem this is the only trailer that i can get. I will also be picking up my sons dvx 90 at the same time. That I can manage to get in the back of the truck if it does not fit in the trailer with the prowler. But I just concerned about the roll cage and how hard of a job it is to get it off ??

thanks Pyeman

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Loyal Member

It's not that bad if it is the old square tube steel one. It all comes apart. There are 8 bolts and the hole thing comes off. Also a plug to undo for the tail-brake light. You can break it down even further if you need to. The rear part of the cage can be unbolted from the front so you just have the rear roll bar and the front. I would use lock tight at least blue when you put it all back together.
If it is the new style round tube one I have not seen one of those yet to be able to help with that one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
It's not that bad if it is the old square tube steel one. It all comes apart. There are 8 bolts and the hole thing comes off. Also a plug to undo for the tail-brake light. You can break it down even further if you need to. The rear part of the cage can be unbolted from the front so you just have the rear roll bar and the front. I would use lock tight at least blue when you put it all back together.
If it is the new style round tube one I have not seen one of those yet to be able to help with that one.
Thanks sandchris
But its the new style round tube type, does anyone know about the new type??

thanks Frank
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 04:32 PM

I am not thinking that the prowlers are 6' tall are they ? then again i am 6'6"

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Loyal Member

The dealer you are gonna buy it from knows what it takes to get it off. I would just ask them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
Thanks sandchris
But its the new style round tube type, does anyone know about the new type??

thanks Frank

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Just for FYI , my prowler fit in the trailer just fine, had to take the top cross bar off and remove one bolt from each of the roll bars, and fold both bars forward, less than twenty minutes.
Cheers frank.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Jounior Member

Try letting air out of the tires.

09 XTZ, 4" seats, 5" lowered cage, dual exhaust, HMF intake, UTV crap frame stiffeners, A/F meter, Terracross tires, RZR seats, passenger grab bar, Airdam 1-3 clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement